addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Content Strategy - Minneapolis/St. Paul Message Board › Writing & coaching event by our group for local nonprofits

Writing & coaching event by our group for local nonprofits

Renee M.
reneemcgivern
Group Organizer
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 2
Hi, all.
There are hundreds of nonprofits in the metro area who are doing great things but they don't have a clear, succinct description of their organizations - something they could say to a person in a coffee shop and he'd immediately grasp what the nonprofit does and say,"cool."

What if our Meetup group created an event for nonprofits where a bunch of us coach nonprofits about developing a clear, succinct message about what they do? Here's an example of a nonprofit message that needs help: "We work to build self-advocacy." What does that mean? Why should I care? Instead, how about "We teach people to speak up for themselves."

By way of background, I am in a team leadership training program that requires I complete a project by November 15. I must build a team and that team must do something inspirational for others.

I turn to you because content strategists are good writers with good hearts. Is anyone game to form a creative team with me to plan and coach nonprofits through a low-key, free but super-productive event? The only requirement is that you're a good writer and are comfortable helping others improve their writing.

We'll have an in-person meeting, a handful of conference calls, and come up with an event format that will result in nonprofits leaving with a clear and courageous "coffee shop" message about their organizations while making a big difference for local nonprofits. And we get to leave with warm hearts.

Let me know if you're willing to play between now and November 15! Email me at sparkplugconsulting@gmail.com or call me at 651-210-0911.