Content Strategy: San Francisco Bay Area Message Board › Intro to Social Media Estate Planning

Intro to Social Media Estate Planning

Kim N.
user 12571460
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 6
Hey everyone, I wanted to share details about an upcoming class I'm teaching:

Intro to Social Media Estate Planning
Nov. 14th, 6pm - 7:30pm
Wix Lounge SF in the Mission

I'd love to have some CS people in the mix!­

Using both legal and content strategy perspectives, you'll learn about the administrative and emotional issues around managing your social media accounts after death. We'll discuss the difference between traditional and social media estate planning, why it's a good idea to have an executor specifically designated to manage your social media and online content, and how intellectual property law might become an issue.

Estate planning is one of the oldest ways people express themselves and make statements about what they value and who they are. Now that we have so many new ways to create content and express ourselves online, new legal issues around ownership and access to that content are beginning to surface. Learn the basics and be empowered to make your own decisions about your profiles and content.