What is Converge?
Converge+UK is a series of events to foster communication, collaboration and creation at the intersection of Design, Business & Technology.
The concept was co-founded by a diverse group of London professionals working in lot’s of different disciplines with a common interest in entrepreneurship including Klaus Bravenboer, Peter Thomson, Tim McCready, David Mclaire, Sallie Bale, and Dan George.
We had all separately been going to lots of events related to our respective industries but had observed that all too often London meetups, the people you met and thinking can be siloed in an echo chamber of agreement with people working in the same discipline holding similar views.
Converge+UK is about bringing together different disciplines to discuss and prompt creative abrasion; at the overlap between disciplines is where the magic occurs, leading to the creation of better products and services and more meaningful impact.
Speakers emphasise lessons from the trenches in real startups, the good the bad and the ugly. We are looking for speakers to speak to a challenge, triumph, learning from each camp: Design, Business & Technology.
What's the format?
- 3 main speakers, one from each discipline at 10 minutes each
- 2 group exercises, 1 between each main speaker
- Open invitation for anyone to speak in the "5in5" format; 5 slides in 5 minutes to be submitted in advance
- Continue the conversation, drink, eat and network with us and the other people in the room
How can you help?
- Would like to speak at one of our events? or want to tip us off on a great person we should approach to speak?
- Want us to come visit your offices or co-working space?
- Perhaps you'd like to collaborate or help volunteer your creative ideas and skills in making this a success?
Please contact us, we'd love to hear from you
Some press from previous events:
The first event:
Connect with us:
Most of the team live and work in East London, hangout and co-work a lot from CampusLondon, also Innovation Warehouse. We are always open to explore and try out new coworking spaces, so send us your tips and tell us where you do you work from? we'd love to visit.
We love our coffee, fresh juice bars, healthy meals, meeting new people and having great conversation. Please contact us for a coffee and chat.
(from Peter's blog: Coffee Hunter)
See you at the next event,