Study of the brain has inspired algorithms that seek to emulate how it functions for as long as practical computers have existed with which to try these algorithms out. We'll look at some of the most notable of these and find out how our understanding of the brain has given us powerful tools to solve difficult problems. Get a better handle on your noggin and how it might work with an algorithmic tour of the brain.
· Cerebellum ― Cerebellar Model Articulation Controller
· Cortex ― Perceptrons, Liquid State Networks, Long Short-Term Memory
· Hippocampus ― Hopfield network
· Thalamus ― Scale-free network Integrated systems ― Miikkulainen's DISCERN & artificial schizophrenia experiments
· Tools & future directions
Experience as a brain owner is all that is required! We'll start at a conceptual level suitable for the curious layperson and go deeper into the technical details according to your interests.