We focus on practicing what the Course teaches, mindful of the thought that A Course in Miracles is not a book, but a spiritual self study program, in which our job is to clean out the Augias stables of the unconscious mind with Jesus as our teacher. Though we take note of the fact that "Jesus" is only a symbol, or, as he calls himself, "the manifestation of the Holy Spirit."
To learn this course requires the willingness to question every value that you hold.
In general for study materials we recommend the following:
- A Course in Miracles, 3rd Edition, published by the Foundation for Inner Peace www.acim.org
- Books and tapes by Kenneth Wapnick, PhD. published by the Foundation for A Course in Miracles - www.facim.org
- Books by Gary Renard, The Disappearance of the Universe, and Your Immortal Reality, published at Hay House, and for info see Gary's site at www.garyrenard.com
- My own book, Closing the Circle: Pursah's Gospel of Thomas and A Course in Miracles, published at O-Books, complements Gary's books again.
- Alexander Marchand's book, The Universe is a Dream, see www.alexandermarchand.com
- Markgot Krikhaar's work at Inner Peace Publications, here http://www.innerpeacepublications.com
- Jed McKenna's Enlightenment Trilogy, see www.wisefoolpress.com, and www.jedmckenna.com While these are not Course books, they certainly help cut through the crap of widespread spiritual fakery, which is rampant, and a huge distraction to many.
Some more information can be found at
website for The Course In Tongues
Since some time I've been writing about this subject area for some time in my blog which is listed here:
Rogier's blog on ACIM
Since the appearance of Gary Renard's new book,
Your Immortal Reality
, I have published a book on Pursah's Gospel of Thomas. I have come to see this book as a bridge to my further work on the Gospel according to Mark, and on the translations into English of Dutch author Johan Willem Kaiser. The original postings on the Thomas Logia started on the DU group on yahoo.com, but I have since then set up a separate repository to keep them together, at:
Pursah's Thomas Gospel
Then there is also my blog on Closing the Circle at
Some practical hints on e-books and e-readers:
The time when people shlepp a paper version of
A Course in Miracles
to a meeting is probably coming to an end. Meanwhile we are in the battle of the formats between EPUB (everyone else) and Kindle (Amazon), and in the short term Amazon has it for convenience in the English language. Most electronic editions of ACIM are available in EPUB format, and I've heard there are negotiations going on to offer ACIM on the Kobobooks website.
Awakening in Love
will initially appear only in e-book format, both EPUB and Kindle. Gary's books are available in all the major e-book formats, and so are the Jed McKenna books as well as my own. At the time of this writing Alexander Marchand's book, which I think is more functional as a physical book, is available on Kindle, not (yet?) on EPUB - but this is much better as a physical book.
In short, the Kindle probably makes for the best study companion at the moment. There are other options, but it makes sense to first research what books are most important to you before making a decision.
There is a sister group in the Parkchester area of the Bronx here: