PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU CONFIRM ATTENDANCE DIRECTLY WITH JAMIE VASILYAN AS SPACES ARE LIMITED. SEE BELOW FOR HIS CONTACT DETAILS
• interested in hypnosis?
• curious about the unconscious mind?
• a hypnotherapist looking to learn more and hone your skill?
• Looking for a safe place to try out new techniques and extend your repertoire before using these with your clients?
• a practitioner of some other modality wondering how a knowledge of hypnosis and the unconscious mind could be useful to you and your clients?
Or maybe you’re simply curious to check out what we do...
If so, welcome to HypnoSkillz, an informal group where we explore, share, and practise the power of hypnosis, NLP, suggestion, and many other related skills, that are useful both in terms of our practise treating clients as well as in our own personal development.
Here at HypnoSkillz we are fans of Milton Erickson (surprise, surprise), considered by many the Father of modern hypnotherapy. The approach we take is Neo-Ericksonian, which means a mix of direct (authoritarian) and indirect approaches to hypnosis and hypnotherapy (i.e. the use of ambiguous and permissive language patterns).
By attending HypnoSkillz you will learn and hone the usual skills of rapport, inductions, and language, as well as:
• Learning how the fundamentals of hypnosis can boost your creativity and effectiveness as a practitioner
• How to boost your confidence as a practitioner by getting on good terms with your own unconscious and that of your client or subject
• How to complete any session without a script by trusting your unconscious to run the session for you!
• How to take the information given by your client or subject and feed it back to them during the hypnosis session for maximal hypnotic effect and more importantly respecting that they contain all the answers within themselves. In effect trusting the unconscious to give you the necessary “script” for change
If you are relatively new to hypnosis you can learn and get confident in an interesting and fun group environment finding out how it works and be surprised at how quickly you can learn, and if you’re a hypnotherapist already you may be interested to develop your skills further and share with others.
The group is structured in a way so that newbies can learn from scratch whilst 'old hats' may practise and share more advanced skills.
The first hour contains instruction from Jamie Vasilyan and group practise, whilst the second half is a chance to practise and share whatever you would like to bring to the group.
We can all share and learn from each other is our philosophy. We take a "give it a go" attitude, have fun, and remember that practise makes perfect.
At the end of the day we all have an unconscious mind - and if your lucky enough to know a Milton or Bandler, then bring them with you!
Warning: DO NOT attend this group if you don’t want your hypnotic skills to seriously accelerate or your clients to be zoned through the floor... ;-)
HypnoSkillz is organised by Jamie Vasilyan. Jamie’s interest in hypnosis stems back to his childhood when he learned self-hypnosis, then began hypnotising others at the age of 18, then found that much of his “trial and error” experimentation was confirmed when he studied and applied an Ericksonian training borrowed to him by a friend at the age of 24.
This, and witnessing the power of hypnosis to transform and heal his and other people’s lives, is what inspired him to seek training as a Solution Focused Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapist with David Newton of Clifton Psychotherapy & Hypnotherapy Training.
Jamie believes that “hypnosis” is an ability we all have, because we all have an unconscious mind. Therefore, we already have all the resources within us to learn this valuable healing modality and artform. He believes that the results of hypnotherapy are far more profound when the script is ditched for trusting the direction of the unconscious.
We are at the Ananda Bhavana Therapy Space every two weeks
14th May 7:[masked]pm
Entry is £5.00 Spaces are limited to 5, please email: [masked] or telephone[masked] to confirm your attendance.