CONSPIRACY THEORIES -- WHY PEOPLE LOVE THEM
From JFK to 9-11, conspiracy theories abound. It’s an American tradition,
and can be an entertaining pastime. There are some who simply dismiss all
conspiracy theories out of hand, even though real conspiracies do happen
sometimes. Others find themselves immersed in an ocean of conspiracism,
struggling to avoid drifting away from reality. What is a critical thinker
to do? Kevin Hawkins will venture to answer that question. Toward that end,
* Look at conspiracy theories and how they work.
* Examine the thought process and profile of those who are most vulnerable
to falling prey to conspiracy theories.
* Explore how the government reacts to -- and exploits -- these theories.
* Consider possible causes and solutions to the problem.
* Give suggestions for analyzing the credibility of conspiracy theories.
Speaker: Kevin Hawkins is a graduate of the University of Minnesota with a
B.A. in Psychology. He is former counselor, and now owns an independent
insurance agency. When not hiding from the Illuminati, he can be found
enjoying photography with Beverly, his bride of 33 years.