Hello Future CurlFriends!
We are a group of ladies who started a journey together June 2012 on Meetup.com with initially two things in common; the love of natural hair and traveling. Those two things brought us all together, but it has been the friendships we've formed that has sustained our group. Whether you live in a different city or State, newly natural, natural most of your life, transitioning, thinking about it or even relaxed, as long as you're interested in building friendships and traveling then this is the group for you.
Each month our organizers will find fun and exciting social activities throughout the DFW/Metroplex. Our trips abroad are usually booked 6 months to a year in advance and most often require a deposit with payments over time "vacation on layaway"
Domestic trips are planned various weeks throughout the year, but domestic, Caribbean and retreats are not our main focus when it comes to traveling. Because we only take a limited amount of trips each year, we do encourage members to join other travel clubs who are also going to amazing places.
• We ask each member to treat each other with respect.
• It's very important when we are traveling together that everyone is on time to keep others from waiting.
• Please ONLY RSVP Yes for events that you plan to attend. We ask that you treat your RSVP as you would a doctor’s appointment, a date with a friend or family member. It’s always important that we accurately forecast attendance with our host venue. If you are unable to attend an event, please update your RSVP a minimum of five hours before start time. This will allow us enough time to update our host venue. (Please see #3)
• Members who have been marked as a NO-SHOW 3 times will automatically be removed from the group
• In order to stay abreast of events, changes or cancellations, you must allow the Organizers or event planner to contact you via meetup notification email, especially for events you have RSVP’d. Take a moment to check your meetup.com email notification and message settings.
• Lastly, please post a picture of yourself. This makes it easy for us to spot you at events, especially where there may be a crowd.
Additional policies effective January 2, 2016
1. Restaurant RSVP Fee ($5.85): This fee was implemented to ensure we had a more accurate account of our RSVPs when reserving tables and hopefully deter last minute no-shows and cancellations. The RSVP fee is refundable upon arrival to restaurant, but is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation or no-shows for any reason. The fees collected for no-shows and last minute cancellations are given to our waitstaff as a tip. This method has proven to be successful and appreciated.
2. International RSVPs: We are limiting some trips to only 40 travelers. Smaller groups will allow everyone the opportunity to connect with their fellow travelers and hopefully make new friends. We were able to experience this connection with a smaller group when we traveled to Dubai back in Aug 2015. I'm now FB friends with many of my traveling companions today and most of us have gotten together for events outside of CurlFriends Abroad planned gatherings.
3. RSVP Non-Refundable Deposit Policy (30 days): Once the deposit due date has been posted and you select "YES" you will have 30 days to pay the minimum required non-refundable deposit to confirm your YES RSVP. If the minimum non-refundable deposit has not been received within 30 days, your RSVP will be changed to NO. You will have the opportunity to change it back to YES, based on space availability, but will only have 15 days to pay the required non-refundable deposit (limited to 3 RSVP attempts). This policy is being implemented to provide accurate numbers for our trips and to eliminate requests for status updates.
4. Credit Card Transaction Fees Policy: Credit card transaction fees will be assessed to your trip balance (avg $2-$4 per transactions) imposed by services such as PayPal, Square whenever a credit card is used for payment. To avoid credit card transactions fees whether it's for your deposit or monthly payments, you can send your funds via PayPal by selecting Send Money to Family/Friends using email address email@example.com. It's free to sign up for a PayPal account.
6. *Membership Discounts:
A. Early Bird Special: Members receive a 5% discount off room rates or travel packages when paying a non-refundable deposit 15 days before the due date.
B. Invite a Guest: Members can receive a 5% discount off their room rate or travel package for each non-member who is not a member of CurlFriends Abroad and whose reservation is booked with CurlFriends Abroad. Max 3 non-members 15% (15% discount available on trips specified by organizers). Note: If your guest becomes a member at any point during the process of the trip in which they were invited you will still receive your 5% discount. We always looking for new members to join our group and offering members a discount for inviting friends is a way for your guest(s) to experience joining us on a trip and hopefully becoming a member afterwards. Discount is posted after non-member reservation has been paid in full. You can only receive a 5% discount just once for a repeat non-member.
Finally, you took the first step in joining a group of amazing women with similar interests such as, meeting new friends, socializing and traveling. Now, you need to take the next step by becoming an active member which means signing up for an event or two to make this journey a reality.
Jump in with both feet CurlFriend and start having some fun!
Founder, CurlFriends Abroad
Instagram: @curlfriendsabroad ; hashtag: #curlfriendsabroad
All group trips are planned and scheduled by CurlFriends Abroad organizer and co-organizers. Trips are booked through Passionate Vacation our exclusive travel agency owned and operated by Deidre Carter-Briscoe. Overseas trips may be scheduled between months of May - October. CurlFriends Abroad calendar of events runs from January to October.
"Let's Hit the Road and Have Some Fun"
All these policies and discounts are subject to change without notice at the discretion on the organizer, Trina Smith. *Discounts are only available to active members. All participation in any CurlFriends Abroad social and travel events are strictly voluntary. Members and invited guests assume all risks when participating in any scheduled events and release Organizers, Group Leaders and Hosts from any liabilities related to a CurlFriends Abroad event.
Membership is open to everyone
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Sunday, October 30, 2016 12:15 PM
Sunday, October 30, 2016 3:00 PM
Friday, December 2, 2016 7:00 AM
Tuesday, June 6, 2017 6:45 PM
Saturday, September 9, 2017 7:00 AM