Cycle Folsom Message Board CF General Discussion Forum › Trailhead Coffee Broken Into and Robbed. Keep a lookout for stolen bikes.

Trailhead Coffee Broken Into and Robbed. Keep a lookout for stolen bikes.

Stan S.
Schultzee
Group Organizer
Folsom, CA
Post #: 111
This is an e-mail thread that was shared among various bike clubs and forwarded to me by Jody McComas.

I personally do not have any details or knowledge of the matter.

Stan

Morning,
Just verified that there was a break in Mon Morning. Spoke with Gerry and they are looking for a white van Green lettering "Food For Life". 3 Main bikes stolen #1 S-Works TT FULL BLOWN PRO set up with 808 wheels Red/White #2 Guru Chrono Full custom Frame (1 of a kind) Black/White #3 Hellworth custom steel with 72 full Campy Orange. These are very expensive and stand out to the eye. Many others were taken too but these are the super important ones. Be on the lookout. Spread the word. They are very bummed and very on guard. Understandable. Lets find these and help in any way possible. Sending this info to those who can spread the word in our cycling community, bike shops and wherever it might help. Theft is a cowards way of living and so invasive to the victims. I know this first hand. These are great folks doing what they love to enrich our lives as cyclist.
Thanx,
Jody McComas

Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 14:35:47 -0700
Subject: Re: Trailhead
To: vashon.elmer@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu

OK, I think I got everyone that I emailed before (except for Javier)

Javier just emailed me, said Todd Pierce was just at Trailhead and everything was OK. ??? So I'm not sure what's going on. Dan, you may want to check your source again? This being said, it's good news to say the least!!!!!

Sorry for the bother everyone.
Shon
Impossible is not a fact - it's an opinion.
~Unknown
On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 11:48 AM, Gil Inouye <gil_inouye@hotmail.com> wrote:

Maybe Javier can schedule one in. That really sucks for Trailhead. Hope they don't close their doors. Seems like they'd have insurance for that type of thing?

Yeah, tonight is gonna be hot. Reminds me, I need to hydrate.
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 11:42:33 -0700
Subject: Re: Trailhead
To: gil_inouye@hotmail.com

They have changed Yahoo! mail all around and I hate it now.

It may be the same day as Kane's epic mtn bike ride. Dan had suggested May 24 but I told him that was the HW Century.

Good luck tonight. UGH. I'm glad I'm not going to be racing in it! That being said, I was going to come out and cheer everyone on, but I have a retirement thing. Maybe next week? Unless the series is over - which would be JUST my luck!

S
~Unknown
On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 11:33 AM, Gil Inouye <gil_inouye@hotmail.com> wrote:

Yes, definitely. I'm in for a Sunday ride.
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 11:03:17 -0700
Subject: Fw: Trailhead
To: vashon.elmer@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu

Hey Gang,
I'm sending on an email from Dan King, per his request (see below) All of us frequent this place. Maybe we can help them out a little? What do you think?

Shon

~Unknown

On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10:53 AM, Dan King <bikehikerdan@yahoo.com> wrote:

Kim Doda was saying that Trailhead got broken into and cleaned out! Help! I guess Tim was saying that Gerry and Dana were wondering if they can stay in business. You have Javier's email and more Hammerin Wheels connections. I was thinking in terms of a Hammerin Wheels ride on or around May 24th/25th. A ride to benefit Trailhead, go to Trailhead and show support? Tip generously; like $20, $50, whatever people can afford. Let's keep them in business! And I was looking at setting up a Bike Hiker ride on around the same date. We should maybe stagger rides to that they are not totally overwhelmed with people although overwhelmed might be good to show our support as well. Maybe do a Bike Hiker ride on Saturday and a Hammerin Wheels ride on Sunday? I want to even contact people at Cycle Folsom and the Wheelmen. We need that place to stay open!

Dan