Cycle Folsom Message Board State your goal(s). Perhaps someone will join you. › Winter Training Goals

Winter Training Goals

Steve W.
PedalinSquares
Folsom, CA
Post #: 30
UPDATE:

I'm now 15 weeks into my training program and I'm in Base 3; another 2 weeks and I start the Build 1 Period.

To recap, my stated goals for this season:

Get skinny - drop from 75kg to 68kg
Get my power up from 270 watts at Onset of Blood Lactate Accumulation (OBLA) to 290 watts.
Increase my watts/kg ratio from 3.6 to 4.26

I've been able to measure my progress on the weight loss component because I have a scale at home; it has a pleasant voice and just last week whispered in a sultry voice that my weight is 67.9 kilograms. I love my scale.

Because my bike was stolen a few months ago I no longer have a power meter (I haven't replaced it yet because they are expensive), so I haven't been able to measure my progress in terms of power - but I did make an appointment with Bruce Hendler at AthletiCamps for Friday Feb 4th to have another Fitness Test.

The Fitness Test is critical to my continued progress as it will reveal conclusively as to whether or not my training is producing measurable results in terms of my cardio capacity and power output - I'm hoping to have significant results in both areas.

The Fitness Test will likely reveal that my training zones have changed; and that will be critical information I will need to apply to my training plan in order to maximize my progress and use my limited training time as effectively as possible.

It's time for me start shopping for a solution to measuring power, there are many more choices now, and some new products on the way later this year. As I transition into the Build 1 Period of my training, the ability to measure power will be essential.

It's currently Sunday, Jan. 30th at 8:50am, it's raining cats and dogs and I have a 2.0 hr ride on my training schedule:

2 x 8' ME
6 x 3' SFR with 10" standing max sprints at the end of each
1 x 15' 105+ rpm LE
3 x 90" one leg drills.

I'm tempted to do the ride indoors, but that's not what's on the schedule is it...I didn't buy that rain jacket for nothing. 10:30am at Indian Hill - if you're not doing anything, gear-up and come on out! If that doesn't seem fun, load up the minivan with hot coffee and setup a SAG area at the bottom of Indian Hill :)

I'll post the results of my Fitness Test next weekend - good or bad.