Please note a few changes in the details for the Doublemint Doppelkopf Meetup:
1. Instead of taking place on Friday, May 10, it will take place on Saturday, May 25.
2. Instead of starting at 6:30, it will start at 7:00.
3. Instead of being at DC Bread & Brew (which is taking its time about reopening on weekends), it will be at Cafe Luna.
4. Instead of being called "Doublemint Doppelkopf," it's now called "Doublemint Doppelkopf -- RESCHEDULED."
5. I have verified that Doublemint gum still exists and is in fact widely available and have procured a pack for the occasion, so instead of leaving you to fend for yourself as far as the gum is concerned, I will be providing it. Yes, you read that right: free gum for all participants!
Previous, now-obsolete description of the event:
There are many agents and techniques that have been used through the ages for the doubling of fun, as well as many that have yet to be explored, and we'll be trying two or three of them at the next Doppelkopf Meetup. For starters, Cinco de Mayo is reputed to be a mighty fun day, and since two times cinco is diez, it stands to reason that Diez de Mayo would be twice as fun, and that's when we'll be having the Meetup. Furthermore, in days of yore it was widely believed that one could double one's fun with Doublemint Gum, and we know for a fact that one can doppel one's fun with Doppelkopf. According to my calculations, with these three influences playing their parts, we can expect eight times the fun we would experience under normal circumstances. I'm not sure if Doublemint Gum is still being manufactured, but even without the gum (which I will not provide but which you are welcome to bring), we'll see a fourfold increase in the normal level of fun, and that's still pretty good.