Gustavo Z.
user 56452902
Mc Lean, VA
Post #: 214
no this is not the Panthom II "Vision". Although it is very similar in features, it does not come with an integrated camera­

I'm just starting to read the specs but it seems that it have autonomous capabilities (16 waypoints) and iPad based ground station (2.4G Bluetooth Datalink required), self tightening props, 25 minutes endurance, support for a (optional?) Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal
Jon R.
user 105616082
Oakton, VA
Post #: 10
I've been checking it out as well. DJI has promised ground station capability for the Vision as well that's supposed to come out this month. What the II doesn't offer is the integrated FPV capability that the Vision has which I've found works very well (I've gotten 1000ft of distance without loss of FPV signal) and is helpful for framing shots. DJI has also intro'd the F40 which has less range but has an integrated camera with a 10x optical zoom. So my dream Phantom has the FPV/Telemetry of the Vision matched with gimble on the II matched with the zoom capability of the F40. I'm badgering the company about it.
Similar competing craft coming out this month is the IRIS from 3dRobotics (­) which is competitively priced with ground station capabilities that are supposed offer the features of APM in easier to use pkg. Shortcomings are you have to add your own FPV and it has shorter endurance than the Phantom
Jason D.
user 11888543
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 20
I have the phantom 2 (non vision) with the zenmuse gimbal. I just ordered a fatshark attitude system and mini OSD for telemetry. You can buy it without gimbal or bundled together for an addional $190.

The capabilities listed requires additional gear (BTU, Ground station app for iPad).

The p2 is very similar (if not identical) to the phantom 2 vision, with some small changes (some samples of the vision suffered from intermittent battery contact on an early version, which resulted in power loss for some users). They redesigned the smart battery interface to compensate. Additionally the stock P2 transmitter (2.4ghz) has a much greater range (1000m) than the stock P2V 5.8ghz transmitter (300m). The P2 is supposedly set up so one can easily add FPV integrating the gimbal/gopro feed. I will know shortly.

Actual flight time for me has been around 18-19 minutes with (Gimbal and GoPro3) to get to first level warning (20% remaining capacity). Thats with stock props.

FWIW, the FC40 does not have a 10x optical zoom. Its digital. The camera is also max 720p/30fps if that matters to you.
Jon R.
user 105616082
Oakton, VA
Post #: 11
My bad, you're right, it's digital. Yes it does matter on my wish list that it shoot true 1080. I have the updated battery on the PV and have not had a problem. FYI, by switching to US standard you get 500m on 5.8 xmtr. With the go pro, are you able to control the camera using it's built in wifi? I like being able to produce multiple small video files on the PV cause they're much easier to work with. Interested to hear how the FPV integration goes.
Gustavo Z.
user 56452902
Mc Lean, VA
Post #: 215
I tested the tablet/smartphone FPV system of the Phantom 2 Vision and it works really well, but unfortunately it doesn't have a gimbal.
If you want FPV in the Phantom2 it seems that the recommended path is to add a DJI AVL58 and an iOSD module. The connection diagram is available at­
Of course that will add weight and reduce the endurance
Matt P.
user 151041742
Washington, DC
Post #: 1
It sounds like you have tried both the Phantom 2 and the Phantom 2 Vision. Other than the fact that one comes with a camera, are there any operating differences? Range? Stability? Control?

I guess what I am trying to say is that I own a GoPro. Do you think it's worth me getting the Vision? Or should I save the money and go with the non-Vision?

Thanks in advance for the help!