CrossFit - Constantly Varied High Intensity Functional Movements
Welcome to DC CrossFitters,
We're a group people knowledgeable about the CrossFit brand (and those who want to learn about it) meeting others who are the same. Note that the focus of this group is not necessarily working out - this is a more of a social group for meeting other people as passionate about fitness and CrossFit as you are.
In other words, this group is for:
- Fans of CrossFit - As CrossFit has grown as a training program and a sport, the CrossFit games and associated fitness competitions have grown as well. Lots of people enjoy being a fan of the CrossFit brand - watching the CrossFit Games and competitions, following their favorite athletes, reading the mainsite and blogs, reading the CrossFit Journal, watching the videos. Some fans of CrossFit are not actually CrossFit athletes themselves - they just really enjoy the pure entertainment and inspiration of the CrossFit brand. This group is about meeting other fans just as passionate as you.
- CrossFit Affiliate Members - CrossFit Affiliates are the physical CrossFit gyms (we call them "boxes"), and every year, the DC area adds more impressive affiliates to its already strong collection of boxes. And if you're a member of one of these local affiliates then you already know how special they are. But how often do you expand to activities outside of your affiliate? This group is about checking out other boxes and other CrossFitters around the DC area (note: DC CrossFitters is not directly associated with any local affiliates - we love them all equally).
- Major Chain Gym/Garage Gym Athletes - Many fans of CrossFit are not affiliate members. I'm one of them. I workout in a major chain gym. And it's rare for us to actually meet other CrossFitters. And if you workout at home in your garage, it's possible that you may NEVER run into CrossFitters in your daily life. This group is about getting non-affiliate athletes in the mix. You're part of the CrossFit community too.
Join us for:
- Monthly Cheers & Beers: Join us for the monthly social hour where we talk shop, chat about training, and enjoy tasty adult beverages.
- Lectures/Seminars: Our area is jam-packed with skilled coaches - we'll join them for educational talks on a variety of topics.
- Box Open House: How many affiliates have you been too? Join us as we tour the area's boxes to find out what makes each unique.
- Competitions: First and foremost, we are CrossFit FANS! And we love cheering on the athletes in person or watching online. Join us as we travel to area events like the Mid-Atlantic Regional. And as we gather to watch the CrossFit Games.
Our facebook page is constantly updated with local CrossFit info check it out: https://www.facebook.com/DCCrossFitters
(* if you're totally new to CrossFit and/or you're really looking for a group to do workouts - join us anyway and send the organizer a message. We're happy to give you a list of all the local CrossFit Gyms in our area, all of them offer free classes and beginner classes. Then you can go and learn the basics with good form, under the watchful eye of proper coaching. The easiest way to find a CrossFit Gym near you is to check out the official affiliate map)
(** Remember to have a photo of yourself when joining - that's a photo of YOU, not your dog, or the sky - we need to be able to identify everyone at meetups)
What are the CrossFit Games?
Highlights of the 2011 Reebok CrossFit Games
Highlights of the 2012 Reebok CrossFit Games
History of the CrossFit Games