We're putting together a meetup all about making sales. Whether you're doing direct sales with individuals or trying a subscription model, getting traction -- and revenues -- is key to any lean startup.
This month will be a mix of companies from pre-launch to those that are already a success. Here's what you'll learn from our speaker lineup.
Kunal Arora (@karoramj23) and Vikram Rao, Founders of Tuee, will talk about:
* How to sell to difficult customers
* How to build a product people want
* Early customer development and interview hacks
* Why you need to sell the problem, not the solution
Zvi Band (@skeevis), Founder & CEO of Contactually, will discuss:
* Lessons learned from a year of successful enterprise b-to-b sales
* Marketing hacks for subscription sales
* Internal processes you should have to aid in sales
* What to actually track
Joe Colangelo (@itsjoeco), Founder & CEO of Gramicon, will talk about:
* Sponsored tweets - and how to engage celebrities
* Offering incentives to test purchases
* How to use Hacker News for early traction
* Using microtasks
Jamey Jeff (@jameyjeff), Founder of Remarkable Hire, will discuss:
* How to transition from customer development to sales
* Building a pipeline before launch - and then leveraging it after
* The best sales tools
* Picking your sales entry point - end user or corporate decision maker?
Anton Gelman (@antonreport), Founder & CEO of Cont3nt, will talk about:
* How to social engineer your pipeline
* Tailoring your outreach
* Crafting your sales pitch
* Using salesmanship - get out there and get customers
Ryan Healy (@rjhealy), Founder & COO of Brazen Careerist will talk about:
* How to find the best prospects to target
* The difference between customer development and sales
* How to price your product for sales pitches
* Problem finding as an essential skill for sales
RSVPs are open!
6:30 pm - We'll start the night with networking and snacks.
6:50 pm - Speaker lineup will begin.
8:30 pm - After the event, we'll all head over to Hyatt Bar & Lounge to drink responsibly, and generally be merry.
RSVP now ---->