DC Steampunks Message Board › DC Steampunks - Leadership Update

DC Steampunks - Leadership Update

Jenn
jadavisdc
Group Organizer
Arlington, VA
Hey gang!
So it looks like Ken has stepped down as organizer, and I'm willing to step in to keep the group going, provided I can get some input on events and also get some funds kicked our way to maintain the group.  There *is* a cost to the Meetup group, $19/month, and I'm not going to foot that solo - that's over $200 a year.
Therefore - if we'd like to keep the Meetup group going, I'm going to start by asking for voluntary contributions.  I know people have varying levels of income so no required fee (though depending, we may look into charging a *small* fee for future events, $5 or under) - but if people are willing to donate a bit here and there, that will help defray those costs tremendously.
My PayPal is jadavisdc@gmail.com (as well as my contact info), and I'll see if I can set up a Donate button once we get a new organizer.  In the interim, if people want to kick in so we can finalize the organizer and maintain the group, please let me know and do so!  We need to get this established in the next two weeks or the group closes.
Alternatively if someone else wants to run, by all means do!  I think this is a good group with a lot of potential and I do want to see it continue, but we'll definitely need active support (and attendance!) from our membership going forward.  Thanks everyone!
Cheers,
- Jenn