The Washington DC Write to Publish Group is unlike most writers’ groups (which focus on critiquing each other’s work). Instead this group is dedicated to the "business side" of writing and works to educate authors (and would be authors) on what to expect when going from a finished project to a book which is available for sale.
The group is currently run by Robin Sullivan, business manager of Michael J. Sullivan (bestselling author of 9 books: The Riyria Revelations (6) , The Riyria Chronicles (2), and Hollow World). Robin has "done it all" when it comes to publishing which includes:
- Obtaining two six-figure big-five contracts (sales in excess of 650,000 books)
- Running a small press which earned multiple authors six-figure paychecks
- Self-publishing 5 of her husband's novels and selling more than 70,000 copies
- Working with two small presses
- One of a few to negotiate a "print only" deal
- More than 30 foreign language translations
- Managing multiple agents
- Running one of the top-earning fiction Kickstarters (generating more than $30,000)
- Writing articles for Writer's Digest, Digital Book World, and Publishing Perspectives
Welcome, Washington Writers!
Needs a location
And meridian hill park has a beautiful community building (an old mansion) that it makes avaiable for groups, I think for free. A bookstore or cafe would work as well.