addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
A former member
Post #: 29
I know that this Meetup is for day trips for people of all marital status; however, there are many neat people in the group and we all have to eat everyday and some of us love to dine out but would prefer to do so with others. The following suggestion was posted in another Meetup group in another city and seems to have taken off quite well. If there's enough support and the organizers don't object, I'd like to solicit your input as to whether you would be interested in participating in one of these dutch dinner dates.
If there's sufficient interest, we will consider posting it as an event:

DUTCH DINNER DATE - HOW IT WOULD WORK
•This is a hybrid of the very popular Table for 4 dinner concept This idea will spread the work out while at the same time providing a wide variety of locations, dates, and times that I think our members will find to their liking. They are intended as short notice dinner dates for 4 or 6 people, each paying for their own meal.

Here’s how it works:
Anyone who would like to share a dinner date with 3 or 5 others will send me an e-mail including the restaurant (address & Phone), date ( the date on this posting is just to get the idea out to you. It will change as PLANNERS send ideas), and time for the dinner. S/he will be called the PLANNER. The PLANNER will also indicate whether s/he would like attendees to either equal numbers of men and women (MIXED), or all the same gender (SAME).
I’ll use my access to the site to post the invitation. It will appear like any other event notice. The limit for attendees will be 5 or 7 and when enough respond, I’ll drop out and change the limit to 4 or 6. (Because you have to be an event organizer to post an event, this will allow anyone to suggest a dinner date.) The PLANNER will then be responsible for finishing the arrangements for the dinner date and communicating with the other 3 or 5 members for arrangements. For now, I only commit to checking my e-mails for new requests once a day at 6:00 pm to make new postings, so PLANNERS leave yourself enough time to get replies.
The advantages for this should be obvious. These can be on very short notice. You can go anywhere at any time and given the geographic spread of our members that should be convenient. ( It’s easy to get a reservation for only 4. For 12, not always easy.) Various culinary choices and price points would be known in advance. Best of all, you have good company for dinner.

WARNING: THIS IS FOR RESPONSIBLE ADULTS ONLY. DON’T SIGN UP UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU WILL ATTEND. It would be rude to the other members to commit to attend and then not be there. If you fail to keep your commitment, I ask the PLANNER to notify me and that person will be locked out for future Dutch Table for 4 or 6

This is a work in progress. Some things I had’t thought of may be changed. Please be patient and be brave.