Join Us for a "Hike for the Homeless". We will be meeting at Hard Rock Cafe (HRC) in Downtown Dallas (park at an all day lot). Please bring a donation of one of the following that will be distributed to the Dallas Homeless during the hike: Bundle of Socks (new), Gloves, Coat (used or new), Rain Gear (used or new).
We will meet at HRC for a beverage and then take a 4-5 mile hike that will take us through parts of downtown and through an area where we can deliver the coats to the homeless. Afterward we may stop by the Iron Cactus or one of the nearby restaurants for a refreshing beverage or a bite to eat.
PARKING: You should park in a parking lot that is all day parking, there is parking under the bridge and on the opposite side of the highway for West End. There is a parking garage for Hard Rock Cafe just be sure you avoid parking at The House Condos. The entrance to the HRC garage is on the west side of the building. I had an issue with the parking receipt when I was there recently but it was quickly resolved. I am told the first two hours are free. We cannot wait for anyone to re-park their vehicles this year because the group is so large so please pay close attention to the towing signs and parking signs and the hours of parking. Do not park at meters as they will run out before we return and you may be ticketed. We are not responsible for tickets or towed cars. Hide all valuables in your car.
Please dress comfortably, wear good hiking shoes.
Leave watches, rings and valuables at home.
YouTube Video of past DFWA Charity Events
Hard Rock Cafe (Dallas) / [masked] / Hike Map
2211 North Houston Street (South end of Victory Park)
What to Bring:
- Donation for Homeless (see above)
- Cash for all day parking (near) HRC
- Cash for food / drinks and tips
- Water, Snack (Cliff Bars are the best!)
- Weather appropriate Clothing.
- Comfortable Shoes (may want gel inserts)
- Small flashlight for visibility to cars
- Camera (water proof bag if rain)
- Wear something that is bright for visibility to traffic
Hike Plan: (Bring a Copy of Map)
- 11:30AM gather at HRC (eat something light before hike).
- We may break into four smaller groups with captains.
- Meet on sidewalk outside of HRC for instructions.
- Depart HRC and head towards West End (Hike Begins).
- Approximately 2-3 hour hike to The Bridge for donations.
- (A member suggested a small backpack to carry your items in)
- We will hike from The Bridge to restaurant row on Main Street.
- Eat at Iron Cactus or (your choice) between Ervay & Akard.
- (Eat something light since we still have a hike back to the cars)
- 1.5 hour for food then meet at courtyard outside Iron Cactus.
- Return to West End area to say farewells, return to cars.
Note: Please no photos of organizer (aka Mother). Thank you.
Difficulty (1-5): 2, Length: 4-6 hours
Area: Paved, Traffic, Possible Cool Weather
If you drink designate a driver or call a taxi.
Read DFW Adventures (DFWA) Disclaimer and Rules