DFW Texans for Sensible Marijuana Regulation Message Board › Meetup details changed: DFW Texans for Sensible Marijuana Regulation Meetup

Meetup details changed: DFW Texans for Sensible Marijuana Regulation Meetup & NORML MeetUp

Shannon
Dudemaster
Cedar Hill, TX
I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com...­

When: Saturday, March 26, 2011 4:30 PM

Where: The Collective
2408 E Trinity Mills rd.
Carrollton, TX 75006

Come one, come all, to the monthly DFW NORML Public Meeting! This month, more education and more live Music at The Collective Tattoo in Carrollton TX. ***March 26th 4:20-7:00pm ***

This month, there will be great grilled Food, Live Reggae Music, special guest speaker Josh Schimberg, Director of Austin and Texas NORML will be talking about the legislative process and the cannabis cultural differences between north Texas and Au...stin. Also, an impassioned speech by Larry Talley, retired Special Forces Intelligence Operative, for cannabis regulation. Larry will be providing expert testimony to the Texas Legislative committee for House Bill 1491 later this month in Austin.

"During the time I spent attached to U.S. Navy Special Forces, we failed only in one mission – the control of the narcotics flow."

Larry S. Talley served in the United States military from 1987-2007. Stationed at Naval Special Warfare Unit Eight in the Republic of Panama from 1991-1996, Larry worked with various agencies to help the United States complete it's mission to become a "Drug Free Country by 1995".

While stationed in Panama, Larry deployed frequently to various locations in Central and South America in support of counterdrug operations, where he formulated and implemented eradication strategy in conjunction with the Drug Enforcement Agency and with many countries in the region.

Since his retirement in 2007, Larry has been diagnosed with Crohn's disease, and has enormous dangerous chronic back pain (degenerative disc disease) from an injury that occurred in service, among many other issues. Larry believes all of his serious medical issues could be treated with cannabis instead of dangerous narcotics. "My chances at living a long life have been greatly reduced by the dangerous and unproven drugs prescribed to me by my doctor. Typically, the average Crohn's patient that dies isn't as a result of the Crohn's but rather an indirect result of the dangerous drugs that increases one's chances of lymphoma and various other cancers."

Larry has attended Arizona State University, the Naval War College, Texas College, Florida State, Old Dominion University, Capella University; he earned a BS in Information Technology, an MBA and is currently pursuing a PhD in Computer Science. He lives in Flower Mound, TX with his daughters.