DFW Scrum Message Board › Job Posting: Project Managers in Dallas (Pos #2)
My clients are looking for several Project Managers for 1-2yr projects in Dallas and Austin, TX
Would you or someone you know be interested?
Green Card/EAD or US Citizen
Project Manager - Immediate start!! Three positions available
IT Project Manager delivers business objectives by leading project teams through all of the phases of the project life cycle. The position manages multiple and varied projects at the same time. The IT Contract Project Manager is expected to assume responsibility for a project and meet stakeholder requirements. The IT Project Manager must be familiar with: SDLC, Project Planning, Standards, MS Project and working with development teams. Excellent communication both written and verbal is a must.
Prefers industry experience in either Retail/POS or Financial sectors.
Please see below for further detail:
1. Leading work activities in an independent, self-sufficient manner based on management's high-level guidance.
2. Leading the project sponsor status and executive steering committee updates as the point person for business escalation.
3. Conducting initiation and planning activities to scope the project based on user and technical requirements by involving project stakeholders and decision-makers.
4. Defining project scope, developing project schedules, coordinating critical path dependencies, managing and tracking project expenditures, and driving issues to resolution.
5. Identifying resource requirements, starting with initiation and planning projections, continuing throughout each phase of the project.
6. Managing the breakdown of work into manageable units to ensure the greatest efficiency in completing the project activities.
7. Coordinating the activities of the project teams throughout all phases of the product/project life cycle to insure that the final product meets the end users' expectations for the use of the product (e.g. hardware, software, user interface, appropriate user documentation, service support, etc).
8. Providing effective direction and vision in order to effectively motivate team resources to perform at a high level.
9. Documenting, monitoring, and reporting the work required to complete tasks as a result of problems or changes in scope associated with the project.
10. Generating meeting deliverables and providing status including overall project status such as milestone status, action item tracking, risk identification and mitigation planning, control strategies, and resource tracking.
11. Ensuring compliance to established methods, tools, and procedures across project teams.
12. Identifying and mitigating risk through effective planning and development of corrective action strategies.
13. Communicating in a non-confrontational, effective manner to achieve desired goals. Communication must be objective and ensure stakeholder buy-in.
14. Managing project documentation by ensuring that all project documentation is current and is effectively disseminated to all project team members and stakeholders.
15. Transitioning the project to support mode and conducting project closure activity such as documenting and publishing closing deliverables.
16. Leading special projects as directed and performing other duties as assigned