addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

DMV Intuitive Introverts Message Board › Power of Introverts - A great video on how Introverts bring great talents an

Power of Introverts - A great video on how Introverts bring great talents and abilities to the world

Kimbers
user 4993115
Arlington, TX
Post #: 9
“[Introverts,] the world needs you and it needs the things you carry. ...” — Susan Cain

This TED talk was sent to me by one of our members and is a great presentation by the author of "Quiet: The Power of Introverts In A World That Can't Stop Talking", Susan Cain.

Patiently explaining what introversion is, and passionately arguing how the role of introverts in world is often that of providing insights and game changers, Susan presents plenty of examples and experiences many of us introverts can quickly relate to. http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts.html­

I hope you will enjoy this TED talk video

"Quiet"­ is a book that we may consider for a book club or future discussion if there is interest from the group.

For more information on the book Quiet or Susan Cain, click on the links in the text above.

Best Wishes,
Kimbers
Carol L
user 36627612
Arlington, VA
Post #: 1
I did enjoy that Susan Cain video, i could relate with everything she said.
She was featured in the Dec 2012 Toastmasters mag, but i never got around to watching the video, so I'm glad you shared it - thanks!
I think that's a great idea to have a meetup event to discuss her "Quiet..." book.
HoneyBadgerNoVA
user 6148528
Oakton, VA
Post #: 3
Thank you for posting this excellent discussion, Kimbers. I cheered outloud after several of her statements, and I plan on buying her book. Cheers, Susan
Kimbers
user 4993115
Arlington, TX
Post #: 11
Susan Cain, the author "Quiet" will be speaking at Sixth & I on February 6. An event has been scheduled for our meetup group if any of you are interested in attending.

Here is a link to the event: http://www.meetup.com...­ or just visit the list of events on our homepage for event and ticket information.

A former member
Post #: 24
Ambiverts, problem-finders and the Surprising Secrets of Selling Your Ideas, by Maria Popova, on one of my favorite sites, Brain Pickings. Reviews Daniel Pink's To Sell is Human, which appears to provide a balanced view of the introvert vs. extrovert advantage.
Kimbers
user 4993115
Arlington, TX
Post #: 14
Thanks for posting the link to the post on the brainpickings.com site, Barbara.

Having spent a solid chunk of my career in sales, I can say that there are often different approaches that extraverts and introverts take. A lot of the people who could "turn it on" and "turn it off" would most likely fall in the "ambivert" range; with the E & I close to the center.