Learn to use your camera to its fullest capabilities! This class includes in-depth instruction paired with hands-on experience that will turn you into a better photographer!
If you are still taking pictures in Auto mode or Program mode then you NEED to take this class. This class is not only a great follow up from our previous course, Photography 101, but it will allow to be more comfortable with using the various functions in your camera. (Photography 101 is NOT required to take this class).
Photography 102 is going to cover the essentials of mastering your camera. The purpose of this course is to get you away from "Auto" mode and start taking control over your camera settings to improve your images.
After this class you are going to be able to understand:
1. Aperture and f stops and what to use it for in different situations.
2. Shutter speed and how to stop and blur motion.
3. ISO in low light and bright situations, grainy vs. non-grainy
4. The M, A, S, P, or Tv, Av modes on your camera and when to use which.
5. The various white balance settings and when to use them.
6. Bracketing and using exposure compensation when not in manual mode.
7. Using metering in your camera to expose your images properly.
8. The basics of you on camera flash and when to use or not to use it.
This class is estimated to last 3 hours and after each topic we will do a hands on activity to practice the new techniques you just learned. After this class you will be able to know when to use what shutter speed with what aperture and ISO to capture the image you are trying to convey in your mind. This class is great for those who want a better understanding of their camera and how to control, rather than having the camera control you.
This class and every class thereafter will be $69 (except the advanced lighting classes) that you pay when you RSVP for the class.
This class is going to be fun one and will be a huge learning experience for all of those who attend.
Digital SLRs and compact cameras are required. Please do not bring a point-n-shoot as your primary camera. Those who have done so in the past were not able to maximize their learning experience.
*This class starts at 9:00AM. You can stay afterwards for questions
**Please bring your cameras fully charged, the camera manual, memory cards and a pen and paper.