jason
user 4132107
Plano, TX
Post #: 25
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
or is our group starting to fade?

seems like there has been really low attendance at the events we have been to lately.

just askin!

oh also; we are hosting the game night saturday.. so RSVP! heh

jason
Carol
user 8360543
Chicago, IL
Post #: 25
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
My take on this: I live in West Frisco, so for me, the distance to, and the timing of events are real deterrents. I eyeballed your Saturday Munchkin event, but we are actually playing DnD that afternoon (lol).

It has been so long since I have attended an event, I am now more a lurker than a group member!

I saw today that someone started a Frisco group. I think this is a great idea. Because DFW covers such a large area, I think smaller, more localized groups will increase overall attendance due to convenience of location. Of course, I think "sister" groups should have joint or shared meetings, allowing for comfortable interchange. I think a lot of us (like me) are simply looking for social opportunities with like-minded folks. Much needed here in Frisco!
Philip
pkizer
Plano, TX
Post #: 35
Send an Email Post a Greeting
seems like there has been really low attendance at the events we have been to lately.

I've been wondering the same thing, it's like a light-switch suddenly got turned off...where is everyone?

Are summer plans keeping you too busy, pop on in and at least let us know what's going on. Hopefully it's something fun, but we'll be happy to commiserate if something's amiss.
A former member
Post #: 52
Some unsolicited advice: First, do not panic. Douglas Adams was right. The universe continues to unfold as it inevitably will. Chaos theory applied here says there will be periods of slack time in group activity. When all group members count on a few to organize events, it will undoubtedly lead to slack times. If you feel that there is too much slack time, simply announce when you will be going somewhere or doing some thing that others might like to join in on. Ad hoc events are still events. I say that in seriousness. I'm building some built-in cabinets and welcome company while doing so, so may announce that. LOL and there is some flower beds to attend to.

Seriously, we cannot all attend every event. Carry on with the things you do, the events you would do anyway, and don't worry that there is no huge group. It's always nice to have company, but I doubt any of us are incapable of doing things if nobody else shows up. If I might borrow from the 'good book'... wherever two are gathered together..... see? it takes only two people to have a meaningful event.

Remember, not only do others have lives, but they have hobbies and obligations. It is not possible to get a full attendance record at every event, and so it should be that we are not disappointed when full attendance does not happen.

For those of us who live on the outer edges of areas where events take place, why should there be a problem with you announcing an ad-hoc event in your area? If you are planning on going out for eggs Benedict on a Sunday morning brunch, invite others to join, but remember to enjoy your idea with or without company. If there is no company, report back here on the quality of the experience and invite others to join you on a future date.

I might find that through circumstance I have a free day on Sunday, but without scheduled events, where will I go? Ad hoc events give me a new option. This next weekend is Father's day. How many will do something not group related? Should that be cause to worry about the group? NO. Just carry on and wait... chaos will bring people around to being together again. It is individual activity that attracts people rather than group activity. If a group event is scheduled but no individuals sign up, others may not. Individual activity in the group is most important.