addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Dallas-Plano Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › 2013 and Meetup Locations

2013 and Meetup Locations

Philip
pkizer
Plano, TX
Post #: 56
It's time to schedule another few months of locations, so here's a call to anyone that has mentioned anything verbally or considered suggesting a place:

Go to the "Home" for the Dallas/Plano Athiests meetup and go to the "Suggested" tab, enter your suggestion without a date and/or click through any existing ones to say "yes" if you'd go there.

Ones that definitely fit the needs of the group and ones with higher RSVP counts will have new event dates scheduled for them on the mail calendar.
Philip
pkizer
Plano, TX
Post #: 57
Well, I never heard back with any more suggestions, so I'm just picking up where I left off and making sure I include at least the 3 locations I do recall that were mentioned.

Here's my current working version of the map for the next few months, though I'll be adding to this over the next week:

D/PA 2013 Location Map #2

Be sure to comment here on anything related to locations, whether currently scheduled, needing scheduling, suggestions, or trends and preferences.
JOSEPH_S
aquarium_freak
Plano, TX
Post #: 1,606
What about movie studio grill? I think it would be cool if we could get enough people together for a dinner movie.
Philip
pkizer
Plano, TX
Post #: 58
I think it would be cool if we could get enough people together for a dinner movie.
Sounds like a great idea. Do you have any upcoming movies in mind for a group outing?

We used to regularly go to The Main Event in Plano for Pool/Lasertag/Bowling/etc, or museums like DMA, Kimbell and there are now others like the Perot.

At the meetup last night there was discussion of a possible outing to professional-style go carts at the Dallas Karting Complex (pads and helmet required and you don't get to drive the fastest ones unless you can pass a time qualification). I'll be adding this one to the "Suggested" tab of the D/PA meetup without a date and I'll schedule it as a full meetup if enough people RSVP "yes" (and just go as a private friends thing if not).

So, I suggest doing the same, add a "Suggested" meetup (always without a date) and discuss the options in the comments. If 5 people RSVP "yes" for it and you can pick a date I'll move it to a full group official meetup for the chosen date.
Philip
pkizer
Plano, TX
Post #: 59
Just as a note to everyone: the numbers of people we have attending recently are great, I love all of the diversity in conversations. The down side is that that does make it a bit harder to schedule us since many of our previous meetup locations cannot support groups over 30. And that maximum number for a particular location can sometimes change a bit between visits.

I'm now making sure to call in the reservations during the weekend prior to a particular meetup so I can verify their maximum number and update the specific meetup event before clicking the "Announce this meetup" button that sends you e-mail reminders about the up-coming Tuesday. If something does change with the restaurant not being willing or able to handle our group, I might have to change a location 3-5 days before a particular one, but when the e-mail comes it will be for the final location. [I don't expect to have to do that, but I wanted to make sure you realize it's a possibility because of our numbers.]
Philip
pkizer
Plano, TX
Post #: 61
Just FYI for everyone, here's the current short-list for the up-coming locations. Please add any suggestions either here or as a full "Suggested" location on the group's main page:
  • 2013 D/PA Locations #3
    In particular I still need to figure out a bunch of places for the more southerly end of our range.
  • Skytigress
    user 163129772
    McKinney, TX
    Post #: 1
    I realize this thread is from 2013, but are there ever any meetups closer to Plano/Frisco besides the Star Gazing? I'm in McKinney and getting south bound to Dallas is kind of tough around that rush-hour time. Not complaining, just curious. biggrin
    Philip
    pkizer
    Plano, TX
    Post #: 72
    Google changed their maps interface so the URLs to the maps have changed. Here is the new link:

• D-PA Meetup Locations Map

Also, I have a new map of the places people have suggested but I haven't had a chance to go check out in person. If you have some time I would appreciate any regular pop by any of these and let us know what you think (particularly: "Would you want to go to a Meetup there?"):

• D-PA Member Location Suggestions Map
  • Carleigh
    user 196222061
    Dallas, TX
    Post #: 2
    Would anyone be up for Scarborough one Sunday?