|Sent on:||Monday, November 18, 2013 8:39 PM|
A few notes on upcoming meetups & events for the holiday season. John Jelinek will be giving a talk on WebRTC for the December meetup(details below). If you have any issues entering the building, be sure to tweet with the hashtag #DallasJS. For those attending, keep an eye out for other attendees as I won't be attending due to a schedule conflict.
Also, Tizen has extended an awesome free event this coming weekend. Come out, code and possibly take home a few free prizes! Details are below. Feel free to contact me with any questions and enjoy the holidays!
When: Thursday, December 5,[masked]:00 PM
Where: Improving Enterprises
16633 Dallas Parkway Suite 100
Addison, TX 75001
Join us and learn how to build and/or port your first mobile Tizen app using HTML5. The Tizen OS is the new mobile version of Linux, largely based on HTML5 and released by the Linux foundation.
Need to understand why it's advantageous for your enterprise, startup and/or career to know about Tizen? Read this: http://bit.ly/whytizen
$100 Amazon Gift CardOffer for up to 10 Dallas.js members from your friends at Intel, Samsung and BeMyApp!
Here's how it works:
1. Register you and at least one additional team member for the Tizen Devlab & Hack at Dialexa November 23-24 here: http://tizendfw.bemyapp.com
2. E-mail BeMyApp's Jeffrey Taylor at [address removed] and let him know you want to take part in the promotion. We will limit this promotion to 10, but will keep a backup list just in case.
3. To get your $100 gift card, all members of your team must:
- Attend both the Friday night devlab and Saturday's required team check-ins/developer device handouts (Noon) and demos (6 PM)
- Make or port an app with the intent to demo (Fails ok, but it must be clear you made your best attempt!)
This is a great deal for those of you who have an HTML5 web or mobile app to port. Attendees from our Silicon Valley and New York events report that porting is relatively easy, and doesn't take a lot of time. If you have any questions, please mail Jeffrey Taylor at [address removed]
And don't forget – all teams qualify for the cash prize pool for the hack, and if you get your app certifiable and submitted to the Tizen App Challenge by December 8, you have a good chance of winning part of their $4 Million prize pool.