addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Dallas Sustainable Living & Organic Gardening Message Board › A Call to Care for Our Environment

A Call to Care for Our Environment

This message board is read-only.

A former member
Post #: 1
A Call to Care for Our Environment

"Awakening the Dreamer"
A Symposium

Dear Friends,

In my recent past I had a marvelous experience that impacted me as strongly as any “religious conversion”, I called it, that I am now eager to share with you. I’d like to invite you to attend and participate in a symposium, “Awakening the Dreamer, Changing the Dream”.

The Symposium's purpose: "To bring forth an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, socially just human presence on this planet as the guiding principle of our time"

Through dynamic group interactions, leading edge information, and inspiring multimedia, participants of this four-hour event are inspired to reconnect with their deep concern for our world, and are empowered to make a difference.

Designed with the collaboration of some of the finest scientific, indigenous and activist minds in the world, the Symposium explores the current state of our planet from a new perspective, and connects participants with a powerful global movement to reclaim our future.

Four Questions are explored and answered:
* Where Are We? – an examination of the state of environmental, social and personal well-being
* How did We Get Here? – tracing the root causes that led to our current imbalance
* What’s Possible for the Future? – discovering new ways of relating with each other, with the Earth and looking at the emerging Movement for change
* Where Do We Go from Here? – considering the stand we want to be in the world and our personal and collective impact

Regardless of whether you are ready to be disturbed, inspired, and maybe even moved to action, this Symposium can be for you a “life-changing experience” as it has been for me. At the very least, it will encourage you to think anew and consider original ways to help accelerate a more environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, and socially just human presence on this planet!

A “sneak peak” preview of what the Symposium will be like can be found here: (Please watch this.)

http://www.vimeo.com/...­

You might also wish to review the site, www.awakeningthedreamer.org.

We meet at 8:45 a.m. on Sat., Aug. 18 in Room 120, the Wallace Bldg. at Highland Park UMC and will conclude around 1 p.m. There will be two breaks during the Symposium. A suggested donation of $15 apiece will help to cover the costs of printing of materials for participants and for a light deli lunch. Please RSVP as soon as you can.

I hope you will be able to attend!

Warmly, Dr. Lawrence Cottle