Dallas Wildlife Hiking Group Message Board › added more new trail

added more new trail

Shadow J.
user 47600142
Dallas, TX
Post #: 123
Some of you are aware, many are not....there is a 20 mile hike and bike trail just around the corner from the Cedar Preserve in S. Dallas. It is called Big Cedar Wilderness and starts up on top of the hill the Mountain Creek Community Church sits on. Much of the land is theirs.

The main Range trail was 3.5 miles and I just opened another (today to hikers, not ready for bikes yet) 2 mile on it taking it to 5.5 miles. There are loops that come off the main Ranger trail and they each return to it. In order is South X Southwest at 1.19 miles, Dragonfly at .75, Crooked Tree at 1.5, Copperhead Ridge at 1.8, Man Bites Dog at 1.3, Pack Mule at .96, I Can at 1.1, S O S at 1.82, and Texas Sunset at 2.53.

The new addition is still roughed in and needs some more work..... but is very walkable. There are 2 bridges still needed before I can open it to bikes as there are 2 dry creek bed gullies you will have to cross carefully but they are very easy on foot. 214.641.1452 for info
Deborah
user 9518335
Garland, TX
Post #: 10
I need some more information if you can.
Where do you enter and park.
I was told this was mainly for bikes.
That hikers get in the way.
How do I get a trail map?
Thanks for your help.
Usually hike Cedar Ridge but always open for new adventures.
Shadow J.
user 47600142
Dallas, TX
Post #: 129
http://www.dorba.info/trail.php?t=2­

All Dorba trails are open to all hikers, bikers, runners. You go through the church and park in the back by the Oncor Sub-station. Hikers watch for bikes and bikers watch for hikers.......we've never had a problem. We get a lot of foot traffic every Sat morning.....if you worry about bikes weekdays would be best. It was built by bikers, for bikers......but we share what we build........LOL.
Shadow J.
user 47600142
Dallas, TX
Post #: 130
if you want a pre-view go on youtube, search Big Cedar loop a or Big Cedar loop b.
Cheryl
Cookiwafer
Rowlett, TX
Post #: 55
I try to stay off of trails where there are bikes .. was on a hike last summer, every 2 minutes, "On your leffffffft!" and had to move off the trail, out of their way (sometimes it was at a very inconvenient spot). This was on the entire hike. Do you think this area will fall into that category?
Deborah
user 9518335
Garland, TX
Post #: 11
How do I get a map?
PattyC
coachpatty
Red Oak, TX
Post #: 515
There is a map here: http://files.meetup.c...­
Shadow J.
user 47600142
Dallas, TX
Post #: 131
Thanks patty, that is the current map...minus the new two miles. Cheryl, the trail is long and everyone.e gets spread out. But weekdays are less crowded..weekend mornings are busy. As I said, you find trail users of all kinds on weekends...we all play nice together
Shadow J.
user 47600142
Dallas, TX
Post #: 135
http://www.youtube.co...­
me riding some of the trail. The new addition has been really cleaned up. I still have a 16ft and 24ft bridge to build. But everything else is very walk/runable.