The Dance Surge Message Board › New February Dance Stuff

New February Dance Stuff

A former member
Hi!

Everyone I've met through meetup has been fun and interesting! Thank you for being part of the Bend Dance group. For the most part people join meetups to be social and do something active or creative.

So how about a dance class??

Beginning classes are truly beginning, and you don't need a partner, which means it's mostly single people from 25-60 years old...people who are comfortable being slightly outside of their comfort zones, want to meet people and experience something new. Isn't that a huge part of life?! We rotate partners in class so you meet everyone and we have practice sessions and dances for more socializing. Bend Dance has become a wonderful family of friends and I hear over and over, "I really like everyone I've met here!"

Partner dancing is about connection and communication. Whether you're a great club dancer or you think you have two left feet, anyone can learn a partner dance. It's like learning a language - you may speak one already but if you want to learn another one, you can learn, just like learning to ski or play guitar. Really!

West Coast Swing is done to Top 40 music, often slow, always smooth and based on connection with your partner. Salsa is faster and Latin, with lots of spins and high energy music. Here's the schedule:

Wed 7:15 :: Beginning Salsa

Wed 8:30 :: Intermediate Salsa

Thurs 6:00 :: Beginning West Coast Swing

Thurs 7:15 :: Beginning Plus West Coast Swing

Thurs 8:30 :: Level 2 West Coast Swing

Classes are $40/month (Beginning is only $35) and start the first week of every month (except March). You can respond on meetup but you must also register directly with me so I can get your info and give you the address. You should be able to commit to all 4 weeks since class is progressive and I provide partners. :-)

Private lessons are available if you want to get a head start before joining a group class. $45/hr for single or couple.

We hope to meet you soon!

Victoria

541-610-2114

BendDance.com