For our September Meetup, we're once again going to have Lightning Talks! Seven members of our Data Science community will each be speaking for just eight minutes each. These talks will include research, lessons learned in practice, and policy, all in bite-sized packages. We guarantee a great time!
The event will be co-located with the Predictive Analytics World - Government conference, running the 15th through the 18th, which is why the new venue and slightly-delayed time. You do not have to attend the conference to attend this Meetup event -- everyone is welcome! However, if you do want to attend the conference, we have a discount code for you. Use DATADC for 15% of registration to the largest and only vendor-neutral analytics conference for government!
Note: Because of hotel catering requirements, we won't be serving empenadas as usual. There will be pretzels and chips before the presentations, and the first round at the bar is on us, but you may want to eat before you arrive!
• 7:00pm -- Networking and Light Snack
• 7:30pm -- Introduction
• 7:45pm -- Presentations!
• 9:00pm -- Data Drinks (City Tap House, 901 9th Street)
• Stephen Bach, University of Maryland, Statistical Relational Models for Social Good
• Kevin T. Smith, Novetta, Security and Privacy of Big Data in a Dangerous World
• Nick Tabbal, Bulletin Intelligence, Leveraging technology and human judgement to generate daily insights from Open Source Intelligence
• Daniel Castro, Center for Data Innovation, Data is Law (and Law is Data)
• Marck Vaisman, Data Community DC, From Hierarchical to Graph Data
• Douglas A. Samuelson, InfoLogix, Inc, and Group W, Inc., Can Government Drive Information Innovation?
• Olisa Stephensbailey, Red Arch Solutions, Assessing the Current State of Big Data Consumption within Federal Cybersecurity
This event is sponsored by Predictive Analytics World - Government, Cloudera, Statistics.com, LivingSocial, Novetta Solutions, Elder Research, and Five 9 Group. Would you like to sponsor too? Please get in touch!