Dayton Dogs Unleashed is a group for dogs and owners who are interested experiencing life outside our own backyards. We plan a variety of events (both on and off-leash) and truly have something to fit everyone's interests! Some examples include:
- Low-key meetups at local dog parks.
- Active events like hiking, biking, and canoeing with your dog.
- Social events at dog-friendly restaurants or bars.
- Events with a purpose that benefit local animal-related charities.
Of course, we are also always open to new suggestions from our members!
Please be aware that for everyone's enjoyment and safety, we do have a few basic rules.
1. Safety First: All dogs (and people!) that participate in off-leash events must be friendly and properly socialized. We always encourage owners with dogs not yet at this level to bring their dogs on-leash and work on building socialization skills!
2. Respect Others: Dayton Dogs Unleashed is about attending events with your dog and the group. We encourage active membership and require that members attend events to remain in the group.
RSVPs for events are taken seriously. If you RSVP "yes" for an event, you are expected to show up. You may RSVP "yes" and write "maybe" in the comment box if you're unsure that you'll be able to attend. If you RSVP "yes," do not add a "maybe" comment, and do not attend, you will be marked as a "no show" for that event. Anyone that accrues 3 or more "no shows" after January 1, 2012 may be removed from the group at the organizer's discretion.
This group charges a $5 annual membership fee. Any person that has been a member for more than 3 months and whose membership is unpaid may be removed from the group at the organizer's discretion.
All submissions to the email list and posts to the message board will be approved by the group organizer. Solicitations are subject to approval, inappropriate language or content will be deleted immediately, and the member may, at the discretion of the group organizer, be removed from the group. We encourage you to make use of the message board to chat with other members, suggest new ideas, and provide feedback about past events. You may set specific email preferences in your personal Meetup account.
3. At Your Own Risk: By joining Dayton Dogs Unleashed (DDU) and participating in any DDU event, you agree to release DDU, its organizer(s) and members from any and all liability with regard to group activities. Furthermore, you agree to sign a general release of liability upon attendance of your first DDU event, a requirement without which you will not be allowed to participate.
4. Don't Assume, Ask: Always feel free to email the group organizer with your questions, concerns, etc. I'll try my best to answer them. It's my job!
Thanks for your interest! We look forward to seeing you and your dog(s) at our next event!
Anne, Fennec and Claskey
Organizer (and canines), Dayton Dogs Unleashed
See more stats
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Dayton Dogs Unleashed||October 25, 2011 2:33 AM||Anne|