The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Introduction supplement

Introduction supplement

A former member
Like the bio blurb says, I'm a recent (7/04) transplant from the Midwest, and I'd like to meet other anime fans in the Denver area.

Unfortunately, a call from the movers pulled me away from the one DAI meeting I had a chance to attend (before it even started), and all the Meetups have been cancelled because we never reached the 5-person minimum who agreed on one place. (What's up with that? There were more anime fans at the Office Depot I part-timed at back East, in a city about half the size of Denver)

That's why I'm volunteering as a host, and have petitioned to be the local Organizer of the Meetup when that change is implemented: I want these things to happen even if it's only me and one other person. Talking about anime in online forums is nice, but it's a poor second to watching it with others. I'm even willing to host viewing sessions at my apartment, which is seredipitously close to Gimme Anime in Aurora (but am always open to learning where the public places that we can do it are).

That's it for now, I guess.