The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › weekday meet up?

weekday meet up?

A former member
Post #: 19
Hey all I was wondering if there would be a chance that we would be able to do a weekday meetup like mid week sometime. I work and am pretty active, and snowboard on the weekends right now, but would really like to get together with some people and partake in some good anime. If this would work please let me know, I am not really thinking as to what it would be or where it would be but just trying to gauge to see if it would be possible.
A former member
Post #: 555
It's probably not impossible, but since we've never tried to do anything like that during the week (and IIRC nobody's ever requested something similar) I don't know what the interest level would be. It would obviously have to be shorter than the events that ZGundam and I schedule for weekends, since people won't have the same end-of-workday times and/or bedtimes.

I could see about hosting once or twice* if the interest is there, but won't be able to give it the same food-buying treatment as the Steamroller.

* The nice thing about working in the lab is that I never take any work home, and safety regulations pretty much mean that there's no "overtime" if everybody else leaves the building.
A former member
Post #: 21
Very nice thank you for looking into it.

As for the job, I don't have to take things home with me the dod would be very... unhappy with that lol. I will shoot to be at one of the up coming meetups on the weekend, I would really like to meet you all!
A former member
Post #: 557
(If it's not obvious, please post here if you're interested. Polls don't seem to get a number of responses that make them worth creating.)
A former member
Post #: 122
I wouldn't mind a weekday meet. I don't generally have much going on on the weeknights. Hooray for an 8-5, amirite?

Also, if the meet looks like it's going to be small, maybe we could try a different venue? I'm a burger and fries gal, myself, so I'd be up for Friday's or Red Robin or something, but I'd be up for just about anything.
A former member
Post #: 558
Also, if the meet looks like it's going to be small, maybe we could try a different venue? I'm a burger and fries gal, myself, so I'd be up for Friday's or Red Robin or something, but I'd be up for just about anything.

K, at this point we should probably decide exactly what this would be. Paul's new, so he probably doesn't know that we don't watch anime at the primary Meetup that's on the 2nd Friday of every month. That's just dinner and chat. The events held by Big Chris and myself are the ones that involve watching anime.

I have no problem changing venue for a smaller crowd, and if they all live relatively close to each other it can be something more localized than centralized, as we tried to do with Perkins/ Village Inn.

(A long time ago I tried to get people's general location so we could map out regions where secondary Meetups could be held for smaller groups, but that fell through due to lack of interest)
imthelorax
imthelroax
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Thank for thinking about this. Could we think about doing an anime movie for a week night? Maybe starting at 7? I'd host, but I have family staying over and that's already three people too many in my hovel. Also, I wouldn't mind meeting during the week for drinks. I find meeting on Friday doesn't work for me because I've been tapped for other events. And, while I make every effort to make the Saturday events, often times, those don't pan out. :-(
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm new to the group, but I'd be interested in doing a weekday meetup sometime. I work two nights a week (Monday and Wednesday) but my other nights are typically free. I can't invite anyone to our house because we moved in recently and it's not yet set up for visitors (trust me on this!) but I'm willing to explore Denver to meet others. (c: I need to get out into and around the city anyway.
A former member
Post #: 560
With the holidays approaching, we should probably wait until next year to put this in motion, maybe?
A former member
Post #: 123
I like the idea of a movie on the weekday. Or a dinner, or a dinner followed by a movie, or a movie followed by dinner.

And I second the motion to wait until the new year, especially since that's only, like, two weeks away. Maybe bring it up at the new year's gig at Big Chris' and at the January dinner for those folks that don't check the boards much.