addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Japanese Sit-Down Comedy at the Denver Art Museum

Japanese Sit-Down Comedy at the Denver Art Museum

John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 490
English Rakugo: Japanese Sit-Down Comedy
Denver Art Museum, Sharp Auditorium, 100 W. 14th Ave. Parkway, Denver 80204
Thursday, September 10, 7 p.m.
Free admission
A rare opportunity to see Kaishi Katsura, a renowned Rakugo (traditional Japanese comic storytelling) performer. He has won numerous awards, including a Japan Foundation Performing Arts grant in 2009. Named a Cultural Ambassador by the Japanese Ministry of Culture in 2007, he began bringing Rakugo in English to America in 2008. Now on his second U.S. tour, he will be performing in the Museum's Auditorium at 7 p.m. (doors open at 6:30 p.m.). The presentation is free to the public, but seating is limited. Sponsored by the DAM's Asian Art Department, the Consulate-General of Japan and the Production House NY.
A former member
Post #: 4
thanks John - I don't know how you find these things, but sure appreciate it.
Mikki
Ryan
user 6143733
Englewood, CO
Post #: 1
Thanks for the information. I really enjoyed the show.
John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 491
thanks John - I don't know how you find these things, but sure appreciate it.
Mikki

Rose, who's involved in mile hi con, works at the Art Museum, and is more than happy to pass me bits of information to share with anime-liking friends.