addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Your NDK 2009 experience

Your NDK 2009 experience

A former member
Post #: 613
Post your thoughts here if you want.

I was there a few hours on Friday and Saturday, and blew off Sunday even though all but one of the panels I was interested in was on that date.

I ran into Big Chris, Dave Chisamore, Tim, Ryan P, Robert and Dejah, Al and Grace, and Patrick at the con proper, and a few other members at the OPH breakfast.

It was like a day at the amusement park for me: large crush of noisy people, standing in line for 2 hours for about 5 minutes of event (since I was mainly interested in getting V.A. signatures). The reactions I got by presenting them with anime character prints to sign were usually worth it.

I didn't bother to hit the Dealer's Room, because I've got preorders from other sources coming in this month and didn't want to overspend even more than I have.

I had some business cards to advertise the group, and was told to put them at Ops, which I did on Friday. When I wandered by on Saturday I noticed that the box they were in had been closed, so most of the day I doubt any of them were taken. I took the box with me and left the cards out in plain sight, and then sprinkled a few on various tables around the area. Hopefully we'll get a few new people from the effort, but I have a feeling more people hear about the group from the NDK forum instead.
A former member
Post #: 6
i had alot of fun. this was my second year at NDK but last year all i really got to do was see the AMVs and then leave. this time i was there all three days (though only two wearing my Cosplay) and enjoyed it quite a bit :D

i ran into most of the Group regulars at the con, hopefully not literally considering the nature of my costume lol those wings were tough to navigate sometimes lol.

Many thanks to Robert for being my Costume Lackey/Stuff Carrier/Ride to and from the Con, and for dealing with all my craziness trying to get my cosplay completed in the final days leading up to the Con itself.