align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Anime view-fest part 2: final choices

Anime view-fest part 2: final choices

A former member
The last poll showed that if we start some kind of anime view-fest, they'd prefer it on the weekend. The new poll is to narrow "the weekend" down to either afternoon or evening, Saturday or Sunday. Thanks in advance for participating.

-Bradster
A former member
Post #: 3
Every-other Saturday my schedule is clear, and on the alternates I am free before 5pm. Sundays are out for me unless we do something early, like before 2pm. My first clear Sat. is the 16th. I have only recently begun collecting, but I do have several recent series I could bring. Have we narrowed titles down yet? I don't have any anime older than the original GitS. My apartment complex has a clubhouse, but I live in Westminster...
A former member
Post #: 25
Every-other Saturday my schedule is clear, and on the alternates I am free before 5pm.

Have we narrowed titles down yet? I don't have any anime older than the original GitS. My apartment complex has a clubhouse, but I live in Westminster...

Which Saturday is every other? Even week or odd week?

No decisions on titles yet. Please see the thread (Watching Anime) for the discussion on this, and feel free to add a post to the 'Your Anime List' thread.
A former member
Post #: 4
Sorry, Odd Saturdays are busy; so tomorrow the 9th is busy. I'll check out the other threads, too.
John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
Either Saturday Afternoon or Evening may be free - or Sunday afternoon might be free. The problem is that I've got a lot of interweaving meetings I attend, so it's hard to say 'such-and-such a day is free'.
A former member
Post #: 28
Well, the results of the final poll indicated Saturday afternoon as the most preferred day for a semi-official Meetup view-fest.

How about 11/6 and 12/4 for the next two viewings? That's the first Sat. of those months, and is roughly half-way between the normal Meetups.

I hesitate to put a third poll out asking what time you'd like it to start, so how about talking about it in this thread by those who can attend? I'm always up for eats while watching, so my first thought is starting somewhere between 12 and 1pm, with pizza or BYO as desired.

What we also have to hash out quickly is the final decision on the venue. We appear to have a couple options listed in another thread, so let's talk that up ASAP. I might be able to make some decisions autonomously, but it falls down in instances like the clubhouse of an apartment complex I don't belong to.
Al S.
Zarabadoo
North Reading, MA
Post #: 42
I am game for it, though, i have no venue to offer. this house is so full of crap at the moment, there is not a proper place to view anime let alone sit down. still haven't been able to set up the entertainment center since the move.

food is good. i can probably handle a few snacks and some soda. I would also hav eto think the BYOB would be tentative depending on the venue.

-- Al "Zarabadoo" Steffen
http://www.zarabadoo....­
A former member
Post #: 52
Maybe we can have a "what to watch" poll? Start a thread where people suggest titles then put the top 5 to a vote.

DB
A former member
Post #: 30
food is good. i can probably handle a few snacks and some soda. I would also hav eto think the BYOB would be tentative depending on the venue.

Sorry, I meant BYOF- as opposed to the 'community pizza'.

important (if obvious): Just because we have polled for this time for a semi-official Meetup activity, it doesn't mean we can't begin meeting at other more spontaneous times outside of the Meetup arrangements- once we decide that others aren't likely to kill us and leave us for dead after stealing our anime collection. laughing
A former member
Post #: 54
[quote once we decide that others aren't likely to kill us and leave us for dead after stealing our anime collection. laughing
It's not stealing, it's assimilation.
Totally different concept, totally.

DB