addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › TokyoPop & their Greatest American Otaku search

TokyoPop & their Greatest American Otaku search

A former member
I don't know what online news sources you guys use, but you may or may not have already heard about TokyoPop's search for America's Greatest Otaku this summer. They're basically getting a bus and taking it across the country, stopping at 20 cities, giving away prizes, filming a reality show about it, and ultimately looking for their A.G.O.

I was recently contacted by one of their judges, who appears to be local, and was informed that Denver was going to be one of their stops this summer! It happens to be the day after our July dinner, so maybe we can reschedule that to match whatever it is they're doing. Alternately we can just create a special event on the calendar.

http://www.tokyopop.c...­

is the URL which has the current skinny on the overall tour. I will post more information as I get it, but will restrict updates to just the message board in case the majority of you aren't interested in getting more email about this.

-Bradster
A former member
Post #: 636
The URL for the blog that has up-to-date info (and the place to apply for consideration, I guess) is here.
A former member
Post #: 637
More info: www.tokyopoptour.com

flyer
A former member
Post #: 639
Has anyone who's been to Anime Wasabi's website (i.e. has a Ning account) visited any of the TP links to see if they actually have a location listed anywhere in there? This is only 2 weeks away and I have no clue what's going on.

(Admittedly I doubt I'll be going to the activity, but I do want to schedule an event on our calendar)
A former member
Post #: 642
I know this is last-minute (I finally stopped checking TP's website for updates a little over a week ago), but here's where they'll be Sunday:

Domo Restaurant
Sunday 7/11
11:00am-1:00pm
1365 Osage Street
Denver, Colorado 80204

16th Street Mall
Sunday 7/11
Tentatively 3:00-7:00pm
16th Street
Denver, CO 80202
(You're likely to find us at the Tattered Cover Bookstore!)

IIRC they're in town tomorrow as well, but I didn't see any scheduled venues for them.

Their Twitter info page: http://tokyopoptour.n...­

h/t David Boop for telling me they'd finally updated the page.