Denver Data Integration Professionals Meetup Message Board › Hadoop Log Processing Use Cases

Hadoop Log Processing Use Cases

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello everyone-

I'm currently developing an open source behavioral database that is focused on processing and analyzing event data in real time. The basic server is working but I'm adding a query/processing language on top of the server. I'm looking for more use cases of how people process behavioral data so I can design my query language to work well across most scenarios.

Typically people have used Hadoop for this purpose by processing log files and extracting behavioral information. If you've done log processing using Hadoop then I really want to talk to you! I want to understand what information people are extracting from logs.

You can e-mail me at benbjohnson@yahoo.com­ or find me on Twitter as @benbjohnson.

For more information on my database, you can read up on it here: Introduction to Behavioral Databases

Thanks everybody!

Ben Johnson