Let's get this group going! I'd love to meet you all and discuss what you're doing with Erlang or Elixir, what you'd like to do, or answer any questions you might have about getting started with either.
I have a couple of exciting opportunities to discuss and am looking for other topics. If you have any ideas or if you're interested in presenting at this event please contact me directly at [masked].
Even if we don't have presentations we can still get together, discuss our experiences, drink some beer or Colorado whiskey (a society specialty) and eat some good food.
I'll follow-up in the weeks to come on any changes or additions to the agenda.
• Introductions - Rich and I will introduce ourselves to the group and, in-turn would like to just get quick introduction to each of the participating members. Basically, name, interests, experience with Erlang or Elixir (none required for sure). Whatever you feel like sharing.
• Group objectives - I'd like to start this off by discussing what we all want to get out of this group. I think knowledge sharing, war stories, tutorials, etc. Nothing is off-topic.
• Why Erlang? - If time permits and everybody is on-board, I'd like to discuss the why's and when's of Erlang. For example
• Why are you interested in Erlang (Or Elixir)?
• When should you, or should not, consider Erlang for a given project?
• When/why choose Elixir over Erlang (possibly?)
• Topics for future meetups?