The Denver RPG Group Message Board Conventions › Denver Comic Con June 15-17, 2012

Denver Comic Con June 15-17, 2012

Closed to new replies

Wendy
WAEtoWAR
Denver, CO
Post #: 110
Hello, I am Lee Langston and I am the Gaming Coordinator for the upcoming Denver Comic Con . Denver Comic Con is coordinated and supported by a non-profit organization called Comic Book Classroom. They run after school, literacy programs for students using comic books and graphic novels. Please come help support this great cause and get a few games in to boot!

We are looking to have a great space and a lot of great games to run throughout the weekend of the Convention. What I am looking for right now is a solid commit to run an event or 3. It looks like we will be getting a good amount of space and if all goes well, I want to make this one of the best remembered features of the Con .

So here is [tentatively] what I have for scheduling:

Board Game Room: this will be a bunch of 4’x4’ tables with 4-6 chairs at each one and we will have to ability to combine tables together for larger games.
RPG Rooms: these will be dedicated tables for doing any kind of role-playing games that you want. We would love to have all the big [and small] systems represented [D&D, Savage Worlds, Turn of the Card, etc…]

Demo Areas: I plan to have dedicated tables for representatives to run any kind of games they want. New games, old games, CCGs, anything you want to showcase!

Games will be run in 4 hour slots with one hour breaks in between so a GM can get food, and use the facilities. Right now we are working on the volunteer compensation packages and I will keep you all informed as to what you can expect. This will include things like Con badges, T-shirts, and Swag. More to come on this as the deal is set up.

Contact me at lee(at)denvercomiccon.com and let me know what days/times you want to run and we will work to make this event amazing! Please also friend the DCC on Facebook https://www.facebook....­ and follow our Twittwer Feed @DenverComicCon Feel free to pass this information on to ANYONE you know who may be interested in running games and events!

Lee Langston
Denver Comic Con
http://www.denvercomi...­

‎"I went outside once... the graphics were ok but the gameplay sucked!"

Wendy
WAEtoWAR
Denver, CO
Post #: 111
Per Denver Comic Con's Facebook page if you buy your tickets/an artists alley booth/an exhibitor booth now you'll be entered to win an android tablet, to be announced on Feb 15th.

Also, if you are interested in volunteering you can email volunteering(at)denvercomiccon.com for more information.

~Wendy
Lee L.
user 7862671
Denver, CO
Post #: 10
If you want to run games, please contact me at lee@denvercomiccon.com. That is the email I am keeping the closest eye on for things!