add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Denver RPG Group Message Board Dungeons and Dragons (prior editions) › Looking For A Weekly 3.5 or Pathfinder

Looking For A Weekly 3.5 or Pathfinder

Michael G.
Denver, CO
Post #: 13

I've noticed that there are some threads on here regarding searches for groups, but some of them appear to be a bit outdated, so I thought I would try a fresh discussion thread hear to get some feedback before making a suggestion.

While I have never been a DM in a game, I would be willing to learn and try to get up to speed, but I would much rather be a player.

If anyone has a group that is open or would like to start getting people together, I'm in the RiNo district, which is just north of LoDo, so around that area would be good.

I'm usually pretty open, schedule wise, I would just need to have it planned in advance of course.

As for me, I'm generally a relaxed person when it comes to the game, I tend to lean towards Rogue type characters, and I'm very meticulous when it comes to keep tracking of my character and the items they are holding, etc.

I played with a good group back in Reno, NV where we would get together at a friend's house, take turns buying dinner for the group, set up our own forum for disucssion, etc.

While I would love to have something like that again, it's not going to happen over night, so I want to try and get something going again.

My suggestion would be to have two or three sessions at a local store, make sure we have a good, steady group. We had fun, but we still kept things mature, and also the griefing down as much as possible, except when we were trying to argue a rule or anything.

Please reply to this post if this sounds interesting to you and let's see if we can't get something going and also feel free to ask my any questions.

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Michael,
My roommate and I are new to the area and are also looking for a Pathfinder/3.5 group. My buddy has some DM experience but we're definitely hoping for someone more solid. Preferably this would be a weekly/bi weekly thing when the need arises. We're down in The Engelwood area and could be willing to host.

We're open to most evenings except Fridays and Saturdays. Sounds like we just need a DM and one or two more folks.

Let me know what you think!
Michael G.
Denver, CO
Post #: 14
It sounds like a good idea to me.

I have most of the 3.5 books that we could share as well. I could always try and read up on them a bit more in case there is no DM out there that is willing to do a 3.5 situation.

I think in the mean time, I would like to maybe work on something story wise and maybe just get the three of us going. For me at least, it would be a great exercise to get back into the 3.5 rule set, character building, and then of course DM rule set and story building as well.

Maybe a short one or two session event. Heros are called forth to help defeat the evil in a stronghold that is bringing horror to the surrounding lands or something like that.

Let me know what you think, but I can start getting on this now just so we can start and hopefully build up some more interest.
Michael G.
Denver, CO
Post #: 18
Dale E.
Fort Mc Coy, FL
Post #: 12
Are you folks still looking for a game? We have one running weekends mornings in Castle Pines if interested:­
Littleton, CO
Post #: 3
Have you guys found a game yet?­

Good luck!
Robert V.
user 4288167
Aurora, CO
Post #: 6
Still looking for a game? I'm looking for a player near the Aurora Reservoir (every other Saturday). I'm running a 3.5 f2f campaign, currently at 10th level. Contact me if you're interested.