addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Jessica
PSUJessica05
Littleton, CO
Post #: 21
Hey all,

Okay, so here's a start at what's in our personal library. If this is already being tracked somewhere, feel free to relocate this post to the appropriate place - if not, maybe we could get other people to add to this thread? If we all get on FB, there's an app that will track your library, which is kinda cool, but I digress... ;)

I may edit this later to add on to it - Matt (my husband) has a bunch of stuff and I don't even know what all he has - when we moved, we literally had 20 boxes of books, plus 3 or 4 of those large plastic bins. Yeah, we're insane, but I think we're in good company here!

-Harry Potter series (all 7 books)
-Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher (all 11 novels to date)
-Rachel Morgan/The Hollows series by Kim Harrison (all 7 novels to date)
-Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire/True Blood series by Charlaine Harris (all 9 novels to date)
-Mercy Thompson series by Patrica Briggs (3 of 4 novels to date)
-Deepgate Codex series by Alan Campbell (2 of 3 novels, we don't have the newest one yet)
-Wayfarer Redemption series by Sara Douglass (I know we have the first, not sure about the others)
-American Gods by Neil Gaiman
-Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
-Stardust by Neil Gaiman
-Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
-Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
-Various books in the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett
-Snowcrash and Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson (and I think Quicksilver, but I'm not sure...)
-Serenity "Those Left Behind" comic book
-V for Vendetta graphic novel
-30 Days of Night graphic novel (first one, maybe second, I can't remember)
-Various Star Trek books
-The Man with the Golden Torc by Simon Greene
-Strange Brew, ed. by PN Elrod (anthology of short stores feat. Charlaine Harris, Jim Butcher, Rachel Caine, Patricia Briggs, and others)
-Blood Lite (another anthology, similar list of authors)
-Mean Streets (ditto)
-Also a bunch of random horror novels (Lovecraft, Stephen King, Joe Hill [Stephen King's son], etc) and we probably have the Anne Rice novels around here somewhere if anyone's interested

Not strictly fantasy but if you're interested:
-The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (gothic suspense/ghost story - I realllllly liked it)
-The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason (suspense/mystery, centering on clues found in old documents - I thought this book was awesome)
-A whole bunch of mystery/suspense/etc stories revolving around Knights Templar mythos (I went through a phase...)
-A bunch of academic crap on social welfare policy, health policy, public policy, Asia (history, security, military, etc), international relations, nonprofit management, organizational development (Yay being a grad student!)
-A bunch of books by Japanese authors (Haruki Murakami, Kenzaburo Oe, Ruth Ozeki, Julie Otsuka, Banana Yoshimoto, etc - most of them are in English, don't worry!)
-A ton of language and travel books, including some on CO - I study Japanese and have traveled abroad quite a bit, so I've got a bunch of phrase books and stuff

Whew, there ya go! Cookies and homebrew to anyone who actually read all that. =P
David H
D4v1dH
Denver, CO
Post #: 16
We are with you on the huge library of books. We 'plan' to get it all in readerware at some point. Thi is a great little program and they have video and music modules as well.

we only have a small section of Star Trek novels that were given to us and a re part of a lending library for a Scifi club we are also in.

We have many of the same books, as i'm sure many of those here do. At some point I want to read some Simon Greene. I am currently at risk of being crushed under the stack of 'To Be Read' books on the nightstand.

Enjoy!

David H