Denver Java Users Group Message Board › Mid-level Java Developer at HomeAdvisor in Lakewood/Golden
HomeAdvisor.com is looking for a Java Developer to join our team of smart, dedicated developers who are responsible for our consumer-facing web applications. We're looking for someone who has internet-focused Java development experience, is ready to contribute wherever necessary in the stack to deliver a solution, and who understands the give and take of an Agile-based environment. This role will have a direct influence on our customer experience, and will play a big role in the deployment of some of our most innovative and cutting-edge technology solutions to date.
We're looking for someone who likes to mentor less experienced developers, and can work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, marketing, software test and other collaboration partners to determine the best solution (not just the easiest solution) to our business problems.
- HomeAdvisor.com is the industry-leading online marketplace connecting homeowners to pre-qualified home improvement resources in their area AND we're one of Denver's largest internet companies. Our parent company, IAC, is one of Fortune's Most Admired Companies, and our sister brands include Match.com, Vimeo, CollegeHumor, and Ask.com, among others.
- We focus on your productivity – need a ping-pong break? If it's how you brainstorm, then by all means, grab a paddle. Need a different OS on your workstation or a new development tool? If it helps you get more done, we'll get you what you need.
- We want you to grow – what technology do you want to work with? What responsibilities do you want? You ask, and we'll let you play.
If you are:
- A voice to help continually define best practices and standards with the development leadership team, and champion them to the team.
- A smart, results-oriented individual with a mix of passion for solid application architecture, hands-on coding, and project management, who also has the soft skills of building relationships and consensus.
- An individual with the ability and desire to see the big picture beyond the happy path, and bend the lens to see what's around the corner - we're software professionals and we think in terms of what happens when…not what happens if…
- An economical mind with an intuition for understanding scope versus value and placing emphasis on the 80/20 rule.
- An empathetic person who mindfully intends to make it easier for the producers and consumers of their work to affectively do their jobs.
- An architectural mind that values availability and scalability. We use distributed systems to make it all happen. We want people that think that is cool.
- Not afraid to make mistakes, and willing to take ownership of projects: gain a good understanding of the problem, work to negotiate an acceptable technology solution, find the tools and answers, and proactively build and deliver code.
And you can demonstrate your skills in these areas:
- Very solid internet-focused Java JEE development
- Understand abstract problems and provide innovative solutions
- Work within a Servlet Container
- Work with Oracle RDBMS
- Ping pong, foosball, or pinball skills
Then we should chat! Send us a resume to start the conversation. Please apply online at http://www.homeadviso....