The Denver Photo Hikers Message Board › Still time to sign up!: Fall Foliage Scenic Driving Tour and Kebler Pass Hike

Still time to sign up!: Fall Foliage Scenic Driving Tour and Kebler Pass Hike

Erin S
user 58403502
Group Organizer
Golden, CO
Hey Everyone!

There is still time to sign up for the Fall Foliage Tour and Hike at Kebler Pass (with a Cottonwood Pass add-on)! It is going to be a BEAUTIFUL weekend with a fun, great group of people! But you only have until tomorrow night to sign up!

I have rooms set aside using my pull as a Choice Hotels employee. We have an all-suites hotel reserved in Glenwood Springs for Friday night, and a Comfort Inn in Gunnison for Saturday night. We will return to Denver Sunday night, but you may choose to stay longer in Gunnison if you wish!

On Saturday morning, we will have breakfast, then drive over one of the top-rated passes for Fall Foliage- Kebler Pass. While on Kebler Pass, we will do a 5 to 6.5-mile hike. We will drop down into Crested Butte for dinner and a fun night, then tuck ourselves in at Gunnison.

On Sunday morning, we will again have breakfast, then drive over Cottonwood Pass. -Another commonly recommended pass for Fall foliage. We will return to Denver via Hwy 285, while passing by Kebler Pass's gold colors.

A deposit is required to pay for your deeply discounted rooms. Deposit table is as follows (if you only plan to stay one of the nights, subtract the night you do not plan to stay. However, please be advised- Saturday night is going to be a late night & I don't advise driving 3.5 hours back to Denver that night after the long day we will have. But you know you're capabilities, not I):

Glenwood Springs (Glenwood Suites, $55/nt per room, plus tax)

Gunnison  (Comfort Inn, $63/nt per room, plus tax)

Mandatory

$7 Admin Fee

(Covers member expenses imposed on Erin. ie- Paypal transaction fees, etc.)

Maximum

Total Deposit Due

Deposit required for Room to Yourself / Companion

$70

$74

$7

= $151

Deposit required for 50% or less Shared Room with other attending DPH member

$35

(partially refundable if more than 2ppl in rm)

$37

(partially refundable if more than 2ppl in rm)

$7

=$79

When you RSVP, you will be given a link to register for your rooms in a web-form and to pay for the deposit on Paypal. These discounted rooms will be released back to the hotel for general resale first thing Thursday morning, so I will need your RSVP & deposit (via Paypal) by Wednesday night at 8:00PM.

Also, I received this email from Debbie of The Denver Trailheads for anyone who wants to go up early and make a long weekend of it! If the below interests you, go to their page to RSVP for their portion. If you do sign up for their event, you will be required to meet us in the parking lot of the Comfort Inn in Carbondale on Saturday morning at at time to be determined, if it is necessary, and to advise me of your plans so that we can ensure you can join our group. If I don't hear from anyone that it is your plan to join them, there will not be a scheduled stop there. Too many people miss out on the group activities when they stray away from the group and fail to communicate properly, and I feel bad that they end up missing out.

"Erin,

Just in case you have anyone thinking about going up to Aspen/Carbondale early, we (Denver Trailheads) will be up there Thursday through Sunday.

We're hiking American Lake on Thursday and Cathedral Lake with option for Electric Pass on Friday.

You've planned a great trip for the weekend. Kebler Pass, as you know, it's one of the top spots in the state for leaves. Sorry we're going to miss your portion of the trip.

Deb, Denver Trailhead"

I hope to see that more people will be able to join in on this great, beautiful, and memorable experience with the Denver Photo Hikers!

See you all soon!

Erin, DPH Organizer

Debbie is also a member of:

­

THE DENVER TRAIL HEADS
2,828 Trail Heads • Denver, CO