Detroit area Hadoop User Group (DHUG) Message Board › Are you interested in working for a highly acclaimed, Detroit based company
|A former member||
E-mail resume for consideration to: emily.gray(at)q2ss.com
The Data Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that large sets of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data are positioned and available in a distributed cluster to provide advanced analytics and new insights that allow the business to make data driven decisions. This engineer will develop data processing and integration solutions within a Hadoop environment. In addition to processing and integration, this engineer will be working with Data Scientists to analyze large data sets and assist in the administration of a Hadoop cluster. The successful candidate will possess a background in software/database development, experience with the Hadoop eco-system, an interest in analytics, and an overall passion for all things data.
- Work closely with various teams across the company to identify and solve business challenges utilizing large structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data in a distributed processing environment.
- Develop ETL processes to populate a Hadoop cluster with large datasets from a variety of sources and integrate the cluster with an existing business intelligence/data warehouse environment.
- Create MapReduce programs, UDFs, etc. to assist in the processing and analysis of large datasets.
- Assist with Hadoop administration to ensure the health and reliability of the cluster.
- Support Data Scientists and the development of data queries, statistical analysis, machine learning, and predictive modeling against large data sets.
- BS degree in Computer Science or in a relevant technical field (math, science, etc.).
- Experience developing within the Hadoop eco-system (HDFS, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase, Mahout, etc.).
- Experience in addressing performance and scalability issues in a large-scale data storage environment.
- 2+ year experience with an object oriented language such as Java, Python, C#, C++, etc.
- 1+ year experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Excellent analytic and research skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server is a plus.
- Experience with statistical analysis, predictive modeling, machine learning, and analysis tools (R, SAS, etc.) is a plus