Here's the update on our May shoot:
Okay, the "votes" are in! Looks like we'll be at Pontiac Lake on Sunday, May 26th, just so's we can give everyone as much notice as possible. Although we'll be primarily shooting shotguns and rifles, we won't kick anyone out for heading on off to the pistol lanes. I'll also bring my good ol' .22 for anyone without their own firearm. (I've even got some ammo for it!)
WHEN: 11:00 AM
WHERE: Pontiac Lake, 7800 Gale Road, Waterford, MI 48327
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* Targets. Rifle/pistol: paper plates work, and you can also find cool targets to print online. Staple guns are a good idea. Shotgun: standard clays are fine.
* Eyes n' ears. I have 3-4 sets to share. Shop glasses and foam in-ear are OK.
* Ammo. If you're sharing my shotgun, you'll need 12 gauge shells, target load, 3" or under. For the rifle, you'll need 7.62 X 39mm. I have some available, so please chip-in for what you use.
* Other good ideas: Bottled water/pop, sunscreen and hat (hot brass and hair don't mix).
COST: An all day pass is $10.
Pontiac Lake is a DNR park, with very specific rules:
1. You can only load SIX shots at a time (2 for shotguns).
2. No rapid fire; minimum three seconds between shots.
3. On rifle/pistol ranges, when cease fire is called and range is "cold," you must remain behind the yellow lines! Be sure to grab any targets and anything else you'll need from your table beforehand.
Different parks have different rules beyond these, so always pay attention to range officer's commands. We've got a 100% safety record and we're going to keep it that way! Oh, and speaking of safety, I will once again have copies of my safety manual and will give anyone who needs it a tutorial on safety and function before we take the range. If this will be your first time, or your super rusty, you'll be totally up to speed. I'll start the day with the tutorial, and repeat if necessary as people arrive.
So let's make a strong showing and have a blast at a gorgeous outdoor range! Hope to see you there!