Michael Stiefel presents "Architecting for Failure: Why Cloud Architecture is Different"
For this meeting, DevBoston Waltham and Cambridge will be joining forces with the Boston Azure Cloud User Group. The speaker this month will be Michael Stiefel and he'll be presenting "Architecting for Failure: Why Cloud Architecture is Different".
The meeting format will be slightly different than usual because we're doing a joint meeting. The schedule will be:
- 6:00-6:25 - Gather, grab some pizza (which will be provided), socialize
- 6:25-6:30 - Call to order! Take a seat
- 6:30-6:55 - Bill Wilder: A first look at the Windows Azure "Hadoop as a Service" CTP
- 6:55-7:10 - Happy 10th Birthday INETA & other announcements
- 7:10-8:25 - Michael Stiefel is featured speaker: Architecting for Failure: Why Cloud Architecture is Different
- 8:25-8:30 - Swag!
- 8:30-?:?? - Head out for a cold beverage (usually to The Muddy)
In the featured talk, Michael Stiefel will explain why architecting for the cloud requires different assumptions around what can fail, when it can fail, why it fails - and will explain what we can do about it. Featured speaker Michael Stiefel is Principal of Reliable Software, Inc. and an expert with cloud computing and the Windows Azure Platform.
In the opening talk, Windows Azure MVP Bill Wilder will provide a brief overview of Hadoop, its role in Big Data, and get a glimpse into what Microsoft is working on with Hadoop, including a sneak peak at the Windows Azure Hadoop as a Service offering which is currently in private CTP.
Are you on the Twitters? Please use #bostonazure for Boston Azure-related tweets!