An Esri GeoDev Meet Up is happening in coordination with the 2014 Virginia GIS Conference taking place September 15-16. Food and beverages will be provided at the GeoDev Meet Up! (Come a lil' hungry, why don't ya?)
This event is a social gathering for developers to discuss the latest in mapping, geo technology, geo services, web and mobile mapping apps, app design, cloud solutions, map data or anything else related to solving real-world "geo" problems.
Developers of all levels of expertise are welcome, from seasoned GIS professionals to those new to geospatial development.
At these meet ups, you can:
• Meet cool people. Duh, we're there.
• Show us what you got by demo'ing your application or framework.
• Make a name for yourself in presenting an cool new/interesting concept or idea.
• Impress someone by sharing your experiences.
• If you're sharp with your GIS and developer trivia, you can win some cool Esri swag
• Make BFFs for life - connect with other developers!
Here's what's on the agenda:
5:30 - 6:30 PM Registration and Social (Appetizers and Beverages served - YES!)
6:30 - 7:00 PM Introduction
7:00 - 8:00 Lightning talks
• Sean Burns, "Filling the Gap from 3D Data to 3D Maps"
• Jamie Christensen, "Virginia Who's My Legislator"
• Jonah Adkins, "Making Great Maps"
• Vish Uma, "An Alternate Solution to the Upload Shapefile Requirement"
• Kyle Spencer, "App that Reads Tide Gauges for Water Levels and Displays on Map in Real Time"
• Jonathan Soulen, "iBridge: An iPhone App Developed by Baker"
• Aric Mueller
8:00 - 8:30 PM Raffle, Networking and Social. Two great (no, FANTASTIC) prizes:
A voucher for 1000 Service Credits for your ArcGIS Online Developer Subscription
A free registration pass to attend the 2015 Esri DevSummit
Follow us on Twitter: #geodev @AmyNiessen and @JimBarry.