Join us for the DevOpsDC Meetup Group!
• 6:30 - 7:00 - Meet, greet, and eat
• 7:00 - 7:15 - Introductions and Announcements
• 7:15 - 8:45 - Presentations, discussions, etc.
• Less Alarming Alerts - Robert Treat (@robtreat2) - Pretty much every company that has computers on the internet has someone who gets called when those computers go down. While this practice isn't surprising, what is surprising is that we spend very little time as an industry discussing the right way to design and implement alerts. Not from a technical sense; what we need to discuss are how to make alerts something that are actually of value for the business, and worth the disruption they cause in peoples lives. That may sound a bit dramatic, but "pager fatigue" is a real risk to business, and "phantom pages" are a sign that things have gotten out of hand. We have terms for the bad things, it’s time to start talking about the good things.
• 8:45 - 9:15 - Networking, conversation, planning for next month.
Do you have a topic that you'd like to present or one that you like to see covered? Please contact the organizers and let us know! This is a great venue for lightning talks, first time presenters, and deep technical dives. We all want to hear from you.
This meeting will be held at the CustomInk office in Tysons Corner. The office can be a bit difficult to find, please see check the "CustomInk - Driving Directions" or "Metro Directions" for details.