addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Developers & Entrepreneurs Message Board D&E - General Discussion Forum › Looking for a developer to be part of an exciting startup.

Looking for a developer to be part of an exciting startup.

Aaron
user 89309202
London, GB
Post #: 3
Hello,

I am looking for a developer to join our start up/online business 'You, Me & Luxury' and take it to the next level. Our company is a new up and coming online luxury directory and privilege business connecting the very best of today's luxurious businesses/brands directly with customers that enjoy pampering and the finer things in life. The website creates a unique shopping experience providing detailed venue content and exclusive privileges for our members at luxury hotels, Michelin star restaurants and spas.

You, Me & Luxury so far: The business was founded by myself in Nov 2012, i have one other partner who deals with operations and has help fund the business todate. Staff wise there are 4 of us in total including myself, the other two people are responsible for accounts and social media/webcopy. The website has been built already and launches at the end of this week. As we have never had a tech person on board, to get started we contracted a business to do the initial build for us, they have built the CMS system on wordpress. Not the greatest i know!

I know all developers have there own preferences on CMS systems but this was our only option to start off with as we already had the designs built by the company who first took the job. This company were going to build us a bespoke CMS system but unfortunately we were totally let down with the person/company and had to find an alternative solution quick.

I work on the business full time and have been doing so since April 2013. No one is currently taking a wage from the business and only myself and my business partner currently hold equity shares. The developer who would join us would be given equity shares in the business and in the long run we would like them to become the main tech person in the company and take a wage, run a tech team etc. As it currently stands who ever joins would easily be able to still do there own current job and be able to be involved in YM&L. As mentioned the website has already been built its just a case of going on from here.

The current wordpress backend could do with various tweaks and improved functionality which i'm sure is possible? Im not a tech savy person but i know there could be better ways at doing things currently on the system, building functionality, moving things around etc. The idea is that who ever joins us would be able to lead the tech side of the business going forward and in time be responsible for building a new CMS system - Either bespoke or from another CMS source.

In the next 6 months we will start to look for our first round of investment. Once this is done said person would become full time and be able to take a wage from the business.

If you would like to know more please do contact me. Look me up on linked in, see our facebook page/ twitter etc. We already have some amazing luxury hotels, restaurants, spas and brands signed up pre launch and we also have some fantastic business partnerships in place which allows us direct access to over 1.6 million employees at companies such as: Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, Bank of America, CMEC, JP Morgan, MetOffice, Fidelity, BIS, Barclays, IPO, Amex, Ministry of Justices, ABN Amro, HMRC, Citigroup, Bar Council, HSBC, ITN, Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi, KPMG, Alcatel-Lucent, Deloitte, BBC, British Airways, Allen & Overy, Clifford Chance, Freshfields, Bruckhaus Deringer, Linklaters, and many more.

Thank you for reading this essay. :)

Kindest Regards

Aaron