2 Day Weekend Hadoop Fundamentals
Get 20% off with Discount code (SF20)
DatumFora is offering this extensive weekend class on Hadoop platforms. We have a team of experienced instructors who have worked extensively in Hadoop & Cassandra platforms, and have deployed various clustering software packages internationally to fortune 500 clients.
This is a fast paced, vendor agnostic, technical overview of the Hadoop landscape. No prior knowledge of databases or programming is assumed. This course is targeted towards both technical and non-technical people who want to understand the emerging world of Big Data, with a specific focus on Hadoop.
Students will experience real Hadoop clusters and the latest Hadoop distributions. We will discuss vendor offerings for Hadoop including Cloudera, Hortonworks, and MapR. The lab work will be conducted on Cloudera based deployments to facilitate hands-on experience.
September 14-15, 2013 (Sat-Sun)
9am - 5pm ( Lunch will be provided)
The Domain Hotel
1085 E El Camino Real
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Sal Ahmed, Cloudera Certified Hadoop Administrator and HBase Specialist
One Day $699
Both Days $999
Student Discounts Available Please Contact us at [masked]
Engineers, Programmers, Networking specialists, Managers, Executives
Ecosystem Components Covered
HDFS, MapReduce, HBase, Hive, Sqoop
- Introduce students to the core concepts of Hadoop
- Deep dive into the critical architecture paths of HDFS, MapReduce and HBase
- Teach the basics of how to effectively write Hive scripts
- Explain how to choose the correct use cases for Hadoop
- Give each student access to an individual 1-node Hadoop cluster in Rackspace to run through hands-on
- Provide links to the best books, blog posts and videos for students to learn more about Hadoop on their own